Videocon d2h HD DVR

kishanvkumar

Folks,
Need some advice here. I already have a D2H HD connection for last one year (Black set top box). No problem with that, but with my distance and 46" inch LED, the SD channels are more like horrible to watch. HD channels are good. Just was thinking, is it worth buying the new HD DVR from Videocon? Will picture quality change on this upgrade? SD channels any better, Also the remote responsiveness is painfully slow. Will that improve on the new STB? or the upgrade will only give me the recording feature and 1TB space ? The software/Hardware is same as the normal HD box?
Just wanted to ask before plunging around 7000/- on it.

Thanks.

SD channel quality is not great in new box. Also the gui is sluggish and the remote control is very unresponsive at times. Changing channels may take around 5 seconds, the remote control presses may sometimes go unregistered. Better stick with the old box.

Folks,
Need some advice here. I already have a D2H HD connection for last one year (Black set top box). No problem with that, but with my distance and 46" inch LED, the SD channels are more like horrible to watch. HD channels are good. Just was thinking, is it worth buying the new HD DVR from Videocon? Will picture quality change on this upgrade? SD channels any better, Also the remote responsiveness is painfully slow. Will that improve on the new STB? or the upgrade will only give me the recording feature and 1TB space ? The software/Hardware is same as the normal HD box?
Just wanted to ask before plunging around 7000/- on it.

Thanks.

Well i watch only HD channels on my DTH and pretty happy with the same. SD channels on big screens would not look great due to poor PQ. Buying a new box would not change much as the content and Quality is the same. Better stick to the one you have and pray they increase the number of hd channels.

Just got a call from the D2H guys - trying to hard sell their product. It seems they have added a new HD channel from today -"Zee Anmol" -or something that sounded like that!
Just found out that their new "Interest free EMI" for the HD Recording STB would actually cost 2 K more than paying upfront......

Need to make up my mind today if should spend 16K for about 5 more channels than what I currently have.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back