Videocon D2H no dolby

dash_only

Hi Every One,
Sorry this might be already answered. But i didn't find any that is why i am asking.

I am using a videocon HD box ( non DVR)
My set up is
STB--> HDMI--> TV
TV--> Optical cable --> 5.1 home theater.

Now everything working fine when i am in the stereo mode. TV, home theater all works fine and sounds comes up. (only in stereo mode)
When i change to dolby 5.1 ( for the channel where the options are available) . NO SOUND comes up.
While complaining they are videocon is saying they don't send singal for dolby via hdmi it only goes through the SPDIF ( co axial type) port.

Now my home theater only have optical cable input.

So in a situation is there soem kind of converter needed to get that SPDIF ( STB OUT) to optical (home theater IN)?
Is that just a cable or some kind of converter?

If anyone can suggest something or faced any problem like this will be very greatful

Thanks in advance
Sounak

D2h HD STB may not work via switcher, i know i am going off the topic, but it may help you save money before purchase! Myself using a HDMI switcher with 3 inputs and 1 out put, my setup- input 1- Blue ray player, 2 -TS HD DVR and input 3 -D2h HD STB, my weird problem is starts when I want to watch D2h signals over HDMI won't transmit:) tried changing ports and cables, nothing worked, but once I power On on of TS STB or BD player the signals transmits!! some major issues with D2h STB

I Love Tapatalk on my IPhone

Thanks guys .. so basically i need a converter now ? which actually change the signal ? will there be a loss of any kind? i can buy the converter but i am little afraid will that work or not?
as SPDIF and optical are both digital won't there be any cable which does that ?

If i remember well,
don't connect tv output to 5.1....
connect a cable spdif==>toslink from sat box to your music system directly (not via tv)

Hope this will help.

Regards

the home theater has only optical thus all the problem. ( it has those red and white stereo co-axial input we we don't care anyway here ) ...

i will tray that sdf to toslink converter which you talked about earlier. but just i was curious why videocon was not sending the dolby sound through hdmi to TV?

Hey Guys,

I will soon have a D2h at home and will connect it to the AVR and LED for Audi Video resp.
Can I make any changes in the cables I should use to avoid this problem of no Dolby? Or is it inevitable?

Back