Videocon D2H PVR

ejar

Videocon has started providing PVR/DVR functionality on existing HD boxes. You need to connect your own HDD/ Pen Drive to the USB port on the box. They charge 199 to enable the recording feature and then its Rs. 30 per month.

The new upgraded software seems to be snappier than the old versions. Yet, the navigation is not as smooth as tata sky. The EPG still takes its own sweet time to load though it much better than previous version. The stupid concept of changing the channel in the window of EPG when you scroll thru the EPG still continues. They think its a feature but its really a huge distraction and annoyance. Recording works well. Note that you are restricted to recording only one channel. i.e. You cannot watch Discovery and record Star Cricket. But what you can do is pause or rewind a channel you are watching. Works wells. They have managed to make it work using the OK and directional buttons on your existing remote. I feel that they should have given an option of doing that or buying a new remote with dedicated play/ pause/ rewind/ record buttons.

I am using that feature and not at all impressed. its more of hit and miss experience than what DVR offers.
BTW if you go in the settings and change remote to some compact option; directional buttons becomes rewind, forward , pause button.

Using new videocon hd box here. As per the CC the recording fee is Rs.200/- for one year and there is no monthly fee. Also you can record one channel and watch another. However this does not work on all channels. For example I can record starmovies hd and watch moviesnow hd, but when I change to Z studio, the stb shows a message to stop the recording first.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back