Viera Cast, Media Server Configuration and Windows 7 PlayTo setup

haisaikat

Hi,
I have recently upgraded the firmware of my Panasonic 50v20d plasma tv to 5.6 from existing 5.1 / 5.2. So far look and feel wise I have only found the Viera Cast UI to look different. However I want help regarding the following
1. Skype on Viera Cast is asking for Panasonic Communication Camera ele it would not start: Is there any cheaper camera on market that does the same thing with the Viera?
2. While Youtube, bigflics streaming is very good but media server feature is only able to pick my Windows 7 machines (doing playback well) but it fails to connect my Dlink DNS 323 NAS which my PS3 is connecting perfectly via UPnP. The Dlink DNS323 is shown although in the list of media servers on my Viera but while selecting Videoa folder I get error "Failed to connect to server". Anyone tried similar things?
3. My Windows 7 laptop (same thing with both one running Win 7 Home and another Win 7 Ultimate) is able to pickup the TV (as unknown device, although the TV does good playback from the laptops over Wifi) but it is not showing the TV under PlayTo option hence I cannot control the playback on TV from laptop (although I am doing that well from the Viera remote). Anyone faced similar problem please help.

Thanks in adavance.

3. My Windows 7 laptop (same thing with both one running Win 7 Home and another Win 7 Ultimate) is able to pickup the TV (as unknown device, although the TV does good playback from the laptops over Wifi) but it is not showing the TV under PlayTo option hence I cannot control the playback on TV from laptop (although I am doing that well from the Viera remote). Anyone faced similar problem please help.

Can you see the TV as a media player (DLNA) under your network locations? If so double click it to install the player. Then you will see the play to option.

Can you see the TV as a media player (DLNA) under your network locations? If so double click it to install the player. Then you will see the play to option.

no it is not visible there, only the nas and router are visible a.onbwith the qos devices of the router. However the tv is shown as a generic device i identified using mac address under the media streaming devices of network in media players mediz streaming options, there i have marked it as allow all.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back