Views on the HifiRose RS 520

panditji

Hi

Wanted to know if anyone has heard the Hifi Rose RS 520 all in one amplifier/streamer and how does it sound.. It looks super cool and seems to have decent power to drive most of the speakers in a decent room but I wanted to know how good the sound quality is...

Hi

Wanted to know if anyone has heard the Hifi Rose RS 520 all in one amplifier/streamer and how does it sound.. It looks super cool and seems to have decent power to drive most of the speakers in a decent room but I wanted to know how good the sound quality is...
Heard them at one of the Calcutta FM (who owns an audio store too). They sound divine. They are a worthwhile investment as a great all-in-one device.

Nor heard the RS 520, but did spend a little time auditioning the with the RS150 and came away impressed and in all probability will be buying it in Jan
Does the RS 150 have the same visual displays of the RS 520? Did the streamer make a substantial jump in sound quality of the setup?

Does the RS 150 have the same visual displays of the RS 520? Did the streamer make a substantial jump in sound quality of the setup?
Yes the RS 150 does have the same visual display as the RS 520.
In terms of SQ.
I demoed it on a pretty high-end resolving system ($200,000 + in dubai). there was a tangible difference when switching between sources. I cant remember the other Dac model number in question but it was a DAC in the $2500 - $5k range (the SQ was not better or worse but different In short the Hifirose had a richer and rounder presentation which was evident in the Timbre of Guitar / Paino

The Visual Appeal of the Rs150 and HifiRose products in general, as well as the plethora of steaming capabilities including 4K video support won half the battle.

I will be demoing it again in the near future before I take the plunge. I want to audition them with some more down to earth setups

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back