There goes my first turntable. It is no audiophile star, but was good enough to make me taste and continue the journey into Vinyl. I advice only serious buyers to contact and be prepared to come, demo and pick up the turntable yourself. That means it is only open for local sale.
I am the second owner. It was carefully unmounted by a Turntable expert Forum Member from the original owners vintage console in the tea gardens of Assam. Selling because I have upgraded to a Technics SL-Q303.
Item's Condition: 6/10(Fair)
Accessories Included: Manual, Drawing, Extra Cartridge, Changer Parts
Ownership History: Second
Shipping: Local Pickup
Accepted Payment Methods: Bank Transfer, Cash Deposit, DD, Cash and Carry
Price Expected: Rs.10000/- (including Ceramic Phono Preamp)
*The plinth was made to the original specification using 36 mm MDF using precision CNC cutting. I got it done professionally by Acoustic Science, Delhi.
*I have the original manual, plinth drawing.
*Comes with two KS40A cartridges (the original cartridge for the model) which came along with the Turntable.
*I have purchased a new narrow mounting clip for the tonearm. I have also purchased a new replacement stylus for the Cartridge. It is meant for LP on both sides. The original stylus had needle for 78s also but I didnt need that. The LP/78 stylus is also readily available online.
*It is originally a changer model, but while getting plinth work done, I got the changer parts removed because I didnt want to use that feature. It can be put back but I dont know how to.
*There is an adjustment issue with the pickup lowering position in Auto mode which I cant seem to fix. Somebody with proper knowledge of vintage TTs should be able to do it easily. But since I only use manual operation, it was not important for me.
*This is a ceramic cartridge and hence requires a ceramic phono preamp which are really hard to find now. The one I am including was assembled specially by a friend who helped me source the Turntable from Assam.
*Condition: It is in a decent condition for the age of roughly 40 years! The plinth, RCA connectors, Power cable, cartridge connecting wires, mounting clip, stylus are actually all in good condition (fabricated or replaced between last 2 months to 20 months).
BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!
Please consider making a voluntary donation to help towards the running of HiFiViSION.COM
Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.
- Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
- Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
- Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
- The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
- Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
- Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
- It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
- Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
- Do your research on comparative prices for the product.
- Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
- Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
- Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
- Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
- Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.