• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Vintage Garrard 2025T Turntable + Ceramic Phono

Project Turntables
Status
Not open for further replies.

aashish351

Hi Guys,

There goes my first turntable. It is no audiophile star, but was good enough to make me taste and continue the journey into Vinyl. I advice only serious buyers to contact and be prepared to come, demo and pick up the turntable yourself. That means it is only open for local sale.

I am the second owner. It was carefully unmounted by a Turntable expert Forum Member from the original owners vintage console in the tea gardens of Assam. Selling because I have upgraded to a Technics SL-Q303.

Item's Condition: 6/10(Fair)
Accessories Included: Manual, Drawing, Extra Cartridge, Changer Parts
Warranty: Not
Ownership History: Second
Shipping: Local Pickup
Accepted Payment Methods: Bank Transfer, Cash Deposit, DD, Cash and Carry
Price Expected: Rs.10000/- (including Ceramic Phono Preamp)
Pictures: https://plus.google.com/photos/112368013769700621789/albums/6126736182137458529?authkey=CPf-057e-YPffQ

*The plinth was made to the original specification using 36 mm MDF using precision CNC cutting. I got it done professionally by Acoustic Science, Delhi.
*I have the original manual, plinth drawing.
*Comes with two KS40A cartridges (the original cartridge for the model) which came along with the Turntable.
*I have purchased a new narrow mounting clip for the tonearm. I have also purchased a new replacement stylus for the Cartridge. It is meant for LP on both sides. The original stylus had needle for 78s also but I didnt need that. The LP/78 stylus is also readily available online.
*It is originally a changer model, but while getting plinth work done, I got the changer parts removed because I didnt want to use that feature. It can be put back but I dont know how to.
*There is an adjustment issue with the pickup lowering position in Auto mode which I cant seem to fix. Somebody with proper knowledge of vintage TTs should be able to do it easily. But since I only use manual operation, it was not important for me.
*This is a ceramic cartridge and hence requires a ceramic phono preamp which are really hard to find now. The one I am including was assembled specially by a friend who helped me source the Turntable from Assam.
*Condition: It is in a decent condition for the age of roughly 40 years! The plinth, RCA connectors, Power cable, cartridge connecting wires, mounting clip, stylus are actually all in good condition (fabricated or replaced between last 2 months to 20 months).

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

aashish351

Open to receiving reasonable offers.

Will also give a couple of LPs free with it.

Please note that after the stylus and clip replacement, this TT sounds clean and distortion free - much better than when I got it. Auditions are welcome.

aashish351

Revising price to Rs.8000 (Final). Will keep it if does not sell for this much. Please note, this amount is less than half of what I have spent over last two years on sourcing it, restoring, plinth build, phonostage build, and stylus change. A few LPs will be included (maybe 5 or could be 10, haven't sorted yet).

aashish351

LAST ATTEMPT. I cannot reduce the price further because it is really fair and a very good deal. But I can definitely add more useful freebies. This is what you get for the money in addition to the Turntable, 2 cartridges, 1 new needle and Ceramic Phono! You get 10 LPs, 2 RCA PD6A 6ft Interconnects and 1 Vinyl Style Anti-Static Brush. The freebies alone are worth 5K at least. Also, can look into shipping but strictly at buyer's risk and cost. I will get it well packed at my cost.

Last edited:

aashish351

Turntable back on sale. No freebies anymore. Just the turntable, phono, changer parts and manual. Price revised to Rs.6000/- (Pick up). Shipping possible at buyer's cost and risk.

aashish351

The record player is still available. Took it out , hooked up again and shot a video of it playing. It sounds pretty decent! I have posted the video here: https://youtu.be/w5U-ea8on4I.

Also, the same recorded while playing on the Technics SL-Q303 for comparison, here: https://youtu.be/rZoTUVOe8W4

Both recorded the phone so the quality is not great, but enough to give an idea.

Last edited:

aashish351

A few queries but no conclusion. Really need to let this go now... so chopping off another 1K from the price making it 5K!!

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using Tapatalk

SPONSORED ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
SPONSORED ADS