Vinyl stuck in Customs

osirees

Hi,

I had ordered a vinyl from the UK and it's stuck in customs for 1 week now with no notifications. The tracking status in EMS is showing as "Custom Hold".
Any idea how to pay and release the item? I tried calling India Post but their helpline is not working.

Earlier I had ordered some electronics and the courier company had sent me a link to pay the import duty and the item was released and delivered.

I am not sure what to do in this case. Any help is appreciated.

I have never seen Vinyl getting stuck . Just wait for some more time since they will either release it as is or ask for duty when it comes to you. It must be getting delayed due to COVID.

Hey, dont worry, recently i had a couple of pinch rollers shipped to me via US Postal Service. The India partner for them is EMS and I had the same experience. It took 2 weeks for the package to clear customs. The EMS postman dropped it off at my place (I did notice that the box was opened and the content was examined). I had gone to the EMS office (they did not answer the phone when I called) and enquired when I saw the status 'custom hold' and the response I got was - "sir this is pandemic situation, so there will be upto 1 month delay" :)

On another note, if there is any customs duty + GST applicable, the postman will collect the same from you while delivering the package.

I have never seen Vinyl getting stuck . Just wait for some more time since they will either release it as is or ask for duty when it comes to you. It must be getting delayed due to COVID.

Thank you @arj

Hey, dont worry, recently i had a couple of pinch rollers shipped to me via US Postal Service. The India partner for them is EMS and I had the same experience. It took 2 weeks for the package to clear customs. The EMS postman dropped it off at my place (I did notice that the box was opened and the content was examined). I had gone to the EMS office (the did not pick up the phone when I called) and enquired when I saw the status 'custom hold' and the response I got was - "sir this is pandemic situation, so there will be upto 1 month delay" :)

On another note, if there is any customs duty + GST applicable, the postman will collect the same from you while delivering the package.
Thank you @reubensm
1 month is ok in today's condition.

Hi,

I had ordered a vinyl from the UK and it's stuck in customs for 1 week now with no notifications. The tracking status in EMS is showing as "Custom Hold".
Any idea how to pay and release the item? I tried calling India Post but their helpline is not working.

Earlier I had ordered some electronics and the courier company had sent me a link to pay the import duty and the item was released and delivered.

I hope your Vinyls get released soon , between which site did you use to order the Vinyls ?

Hi,

don't worry, they will release it.... probably low manpower due to covid...

Hi,

What city are you based?

I have had 3 orders recently delivered to me from the UK, various websites. Few had some delays of 7-14 days but mostly due to low manpower. Din't pay any duty on any of these orders. Yes, previously, when I ordered in bulk via Amazon UK, even via Royal Post, I paid duties. But with your situation, I wouldn't worry unless these are some 10-20 vinyls and the post officers see that as something significant.

Don't worry. It takes time for clearance. I buy vinyl from Europe and delivery comes via International post and then EMS. Usually Customs may delay this to three weeks. However I didn't face any content checking by them so far.

Thanks,
Sourav

Hi,

Hi
You need to send an email to [email protected].

You can follow up with them on this number:

+91 22-22611791

They are very helpful. The problem is getting connected to them. You need to get repeatedly try their number. Preferably call than after 12 noon.

Regards

Give them some time though, the COVID and the cyclone are not making it easy for you folks in mumbai !

The best way to get items on time is to ship via couriers like FedEx or DHL. They are more expensive but we get on time delivery. I always use a courier when I buy vinyl

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back