Voice control of chromecast audio

surfatwork

How does one go about this? I have a chromecast audio connected to my DAC via optical. Is it possible to control it like an Amazon echo? I do have an Alexa device too, but the sound quality on the chromecast is far superior, relatively speaking.

Add the device in Google Home app in android. Once you add it you can speak to your mobile phone to control and play music on it.

Add the device in Google Home app in android. Once you add it you can speak to your mobile phone to control and play music on it.
Added and I am now able to play and pause. But how do I change volume, play a specific track etc.? When I tell it to change volume, google voice changes my phone's media volume.

Playing a specific track will need YouTube premium i believe.
For changing volume you will need to give the name to the Chromecast and ask to reduce volume of the device
personaly i have a home mini and with that I have not faced such issues

ok, got it working now. some mix up with rooms and groups.
Next question I need to figure out is how to get my TV with chromecast built-in to send audio to my chromecast audio. Doesn't seem possible. Any ideas welcome. Earlier, it was sending audio to my alexa echo dot via bluetooth.

Yes. I am able to do it via Google Home mini.
If you're looking to buy one cheap,
have decided never to buy from flopkart......too many snafus

I have a house full of refurb Google Homes i bought from them. They are bad compared to Amazon, but since you won't get Google products on Amazon. Not much options

Still, if you're very keen on not buying from them, try olx

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back