Voltage stabiliser

Dr Sarkar

Hello all
Need inputs for which voltage stabiliser to buy. I’ve got all my eqpt on a belkin surge protector. But scared of fluctuations.
my eqpt:
55’’ led TV
Denon 1400
HK stereo amp and CD player
Sony bluray player
Set top box
Wifi router.
how much KVa and amp ? I’m Confused. Please help me with specific model and make. Thanks in advance

Hello all
Need inputs for which voltage stabiliser to buy. I’ve got all my eqpt on a belkin surge protector. But scared of fluctuations.
my eqpt:
55’’ led TV
Denon 1400
Sony bluray player
Set top box
Wifi router.
how much KVa and amp ? I’m Confused. Please help me with specific model and make. Thanks in advance

Hi Dr. Sarkar,

For your setup a 3KVA should be enough with more headroom to spare in case you want to add a subwoofer later
Popular brands are Vertex and Krykard. Both are servo based stabilisers. But I am sure there are other good brands & other FM's can chip in.
Vertex will come with Emi and RFI filters along with surge protection and will be slightly bigger than Krykard. Vertex has around 4 inputs behind which is very good. Krykard has only one to which an extension board of 16 amps needs to be connected for more equipments.
Krykard will come with surge protection and the above filters will be at an additional cost.
There are pics of both in another stabiliser thread. Both are good and stable but Vertex has the edge over Krykard and more popular. Krykard has a wider distribution service in India.
Pls note you will need a wall socket/switch of 16 amps to connect these stabilisers.

Last edited:
Thank you @Nitin K for your generous suggestions. I appreciate.

Pls find the link of the stabiliser thread below with pics if you scroll up in the thread. I am currently using a Krykard 3KVA & satisfied with it. Both Vertex & Krykard are Chennai based companies & will deliver to other states.

Hello all
my eqpt:
55’’ led TV
Denon 1400
Sony bluray player
Set top box
Wifi router.
Hi, you can go for Servokon (servo voltage stabiliser) too (I am using the 3kva, 90-300v model since 2013 and have no issue till date). Its a Delhi base firm I guess. The main disadvantage of all the servo stabilizer is that you need to place it in a separate room because it is quite noisy due to the movement of variac inside the stabilizer.

Many I know are using Vertex Servo Stabilizer. the price difference between 3Kv and 5Kv is under 2k - same sized chassis. I will be ordering one soon.

Vertex has very good customer support from what I have gathered from others and my personal interactions with them.

16 amps socket (must) with dedicated wiring from mains will be the best.

Vertex 5kv weighs about 20 kg and dimensions in mm are - H X W X D = 350 x 220 x 450

Hi, you can go for Servokon (servo voltage stabiliser) too (I am using the 3kva, 90-300v model since 2013 and have no issue till date). Its a Delhi base firm I guess. The main disadvantage of all the servo stabilizer is that you need to place it in a separate room because it is quite noisy due to the movement of variac inside the stabilizer.
No not all servo stabilizer causes noise. My set up is in a small room and I have the avr just below the centre channel. The vertex stabilizer is placed next to the avr. I don’t hear any noise while watching movies. Only during start up it produces a thud noise and occasionally during operation it produces a slight click noise which you won’t even notice. During operations you won’t hear any noise even if u stand next to it. This model is specially made to be used indoors for home audio by vertex
792223A9-20E8-45F7-9353-166AA099D6F3.jpeg

Thank you @Nitin K , @Mukul77 , @Mayank Shah.
I have contacted Vertex and they have a 3 KVa servo stabiliser specially made for audiophile eqpt. The price diff between a normal and audiophile stabiliser is not much. I’ve asked for details. I’ll post it once I’m in possession of the details. but the problem is they don’t have service in Delhi.
@Mukul77 Ill request you to kindly share the contact info for servokon. Regards

Hi Mukul,
I have not heard the Krykard making any noise while listening to music or watching movies although it is in the same listening room. When there is a fluctuation you hear a low audible sound of the servo motor for a few secs which is passable. This is at around 11.30 -12.00 am when the room is really silent. The stabiliser is around 13 feet from the listening position.

I have contacted Vertex and they have a 3 KVa servo stabiliser specially made for audiophile eqpt. The price diff between a normal and audiophile stabiliser is not much. I’ve asked for details. I’ll post it once I’m in possession of the details. but the problem is they don’t have service in Delhi.
@Mukul77 Ill request you to kindly share the contact info for servo

Vertex's service is only in Chennai. Hence I had to go with Krykard who have a wider service network & their service is available in Mumbai. Else I would have gone for Vertex which offers more VFM.

Vertex's service is only in Chennai. Hence I had to go with Krykard who have a wider service network & their service is available in Mumbai. Else I would have gone for Vertex which offers more VFM.
Thanks for pointing that out, wasn't aware of that.

Hi Mukul,
I have not heard the Krykard making any noise while listening to music or watching movies although it is in the same listening room. When there is a fluctuation you hear a low audible sound of the servo motor for a few secs which is passable. This is at around 11.30 -12.00 am when the room is really silent. The stabiliser is around 13 feet from the listening position.
No not all servo stabilizer causes noise. My set up is in a small room and I have the avr just below the centre channel. The vertex stabilizer is placed next to the avr. I don’t hear any noise while watching movies. Only during start up it produces a thud noise and occasionally during operation it produces a slight click noise which you won’t even notice. During operations you won’t hear any noise even if u stand next to it. This model is specially made to be used indoors for home audio by vertex
View attachment 42868
Hi, the stabilizer makes noise during startup time and whenever there is some voltage fluctuation. Otherwise it remains silent.

@Mukul77 Ill request you to kindly share the contact info for servokon. Regards
Hi, I purchased the stabilizer from Urjakart.com. The site is down now a days. You can google it for other sites.
Regards.

Hi, the stabilizer makes noise during startup time and whenever there is some voltage fluctuation. Otherwise it remains silent.
But you said it’s noisy and has to be kept outside? And also when there is a huge fluctuation only the noise comes which won’t be even audible while watching movies unless the room is dead silent

But you said it’s noisy and has to be kept outside? And also when there is a huge fluctuation only the noise comes which won’t be even audible while watching movies unless the room is dead silent
Hi, agreed. We are having moderate voltage fluctuation at our place. This may be the reason.

Hi, agreed. We are having moderate voltage fluctuation at our place. This may be the reason.
Oh ok if you are having fluctuations with voltage you can also try a mainline stabilizer for getting stable voltage for your entire house.

Yes there is a short beep on startup & then it remains silent. If there is any fluctuation then only you hear a slight noise of the servo motor adjusting voltage. But that is not an issue at all & passable . It does not cause any noise issues being in the same room.
In Mumbai current is stable I guess so not too many fluctuations but they do happen when the AC/heater is switched on being on the same phase at our place.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back