Voyage stabilizer capacity

PVG

0down votefavorite

I need to use a voltage stabilizer to secure my USB Hub (Anker PowerPort 6), but the stabilizer (v-guard crystal MINI) is slightly underpowered. It is rated at 1.3A, 300W (230V).
My Anker has input requirements of 1.4A (it's total output is only 60W at 5V per port).
My question is, which of the following will happen?
  1. I'll just need to make sure I'm not using more than 1.3A (probably only 1.2A really for safety)... and always need to make sure the device doesn't try to get more from the stabilizer?
  2. The USB Hub simply won't work because it checks to see if it can draw 1.4A at startup and will not operate below that?
I'm really hoping it is #1?!
Also, what will happen if the USB Hub DOES try to draw more amps than the stabilizer is rated for?
Asking this after trying to find the info online. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

you can comfortably use the USB hub with this stabilizer.

Your stabilizer is rated at 300w and your usb hub is max rated at 60w

That 1.4 amp is at 5 volt for the usb hub and 1.3 amp is at 230 volt for the stabilizer.

Ah, so the total power (Watts) is the main indicator and the hub will never ask for 1.4A as long as its 60W requirement is met! Got it. Let me know I have misunderstood. And thank you!

Ah, so the total power (Watts) is the main indicator and the hub will never ask for 1.4A as long as its 60W requirement is met! Got it. Let me know I have misunderstood. And thank you!

yes, you can put a load of Max 300W at 230V on the stabilizer, as in this case you are only putting only 60W at 5V it is completely fine.

Amps rating at different voltages changes. (that is my understanding)

Cool, thanks. One more question while you're here... Got the stabilizer and it's working great, but showing constant voltage of 250-255 for about eight hours. Is this high even for India?

Cool, thanks. One more question while you're here... Got the stabilizer and it's working great, but showing constant voltage of 250-255 for about eight hours. Is this high even for India?

Yes, it is high. If you have a multimeter check what is the input voltage of Stabilizer and what is the output of it, If I remember correctly normally they will do a correction of 10% on output.

In less load times normally we get more voltage from grid, even for me I get 245 Volt at late night times, it varies from 215 to 245 Volt during different times of a day, haven't got any issues till now .

Some times ago had some power adapters failure of router and NAS due to voltage fluctuation from then I started using Accurex-DPM-3000 which is a voltage protector for entire house.

https://www.amazon.in/Accurex-DPM-3...ie=UTF8&qid=1537100555&sr=8-2&keywords=acurex

You can also complain to electricity board if you like but I think we just get paranoid when you start monitoring so keenly.

Regards
Bilal

True. Definitely getting paranoid! Had three adaptors burn at different times already (which is why I got the surge protector, plus the stabilizer). My stabilizer has an input and output LED and the Input shows sometimes even 260V (Output seems to be corrected by about 30V so that is definitely helping). In two days it has pretty much never shown an Input value under 240V, and from about 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. it is over 250V.

True. Definitely getting paranoid! Had three adaptors burn at different times already (which is why I got the surge protector, plus the stabilizer). My stabilizer has an input and output LED and the Input shows sometimes even 260V (Output seems to be corrected by about 30V so that is definitely helping). In two days it has pretty much never shown an Input value under 240V, and from about 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. it is over 250V.

In that case it is better to complaint at your area electricity board, they can rectify the high voltage problem.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back