VSX-823-K with Polk TL2 sats... Any comments?

arvichan

Hi All, I am planning to buy the Pioneer-823 from Snapdeal at 31K and get Polk Audio TL2 - Two sats + one TL2 CS from US ( I like the looks of it :eek:hyeah: and i guess they sound good). That covers my 3.0 out of the 5.1 system.

I am not expert in this area and looking to complement my 42inch LED with a good movie watching experience. My usage will be like 40%movies & 60% music.

Networking is an important option as I have wired CAT5E cable connecting router, TV, home pC and my other devices (tab & smartphones) run on WIfi. And with loads of entertainment stuff on my home network...

1. I am yet to decide if I really need floor speakers or settle for Bookshelf or Sats itself. please advise if SP-FS52 Speakers is good idea or simply go for TL2 package itself...
2. My overall budget is about 60-70K.
3. If I get the TL2 from US (for about 350$), is there any import duty to be paid... Is it worth it. I can see it is almost 50% cheaper than to buy from India.
4. Should I even bother about Subwoofer...?

think I have few more questions... will add it as I am sure about it. please feel free to share your comments & ideas.

Last edited:
Thanks Nick.. though I completely agree with you, I am inclined to polk just for its positive reviews complimented with the looks:

Here is my current plan:

Pioneer VSX-823K: 31K
SP-FS52 : 20K
TL2 Sats for rear: 15K (from US)
TL2 CS : 15K (from US)

And that leaves me wondering what I should do about the Subwoofer.

BTW, My living room is about 11x20 and the TV viewing distance is about 10feet.

Last edited:
Don't know about pioneer but have heard marantz yamaha denon onkyo. And according to me marantz is good for music and quality while denon is good for movies yamaha is good for music and movies. Its personal choice you have to listen to your ears whichever suits you best go with it. Polk gel well with denon. For movies in any setup subwoofer plays a major role according to me so buy a good sub .

Tried a demo at Beats99 store and the following combo has been offered for 76K

1. Denon X1000
2. Onkyo SKF-4800 5.1 with Floor speaker pair

I am no expert in audio and looking for a decent set to enjoy movie and music. I do not want to overkill with huge speakers or powerful systems that I may not be able to appreciate...

And again for a living room of 200 sq.ft. with a viewing/listening distance of 8ft, I still wonder if satellite speaker combo should do...

thanks in advacne

hey guys..

I was als planning to buy vsx823k + boston accoustics xs5.1 setup for -22k+18k

or denon X1000 with above speaker setup what would you suggest ?
I havent done auditioning as i do not have av ;ounges or say no one sells them in my home town...have to go to chennai..please advise..

Pioneer, Yamaha, Denon AVRs are good for movies.

For both movies and music go for Marantz, Harman Kardon.

My opinion is to go for Marantz (Nr series) and Boston Acoustics speakers. Good match for your budget.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back