VT TV to Genelec 6010 powered speakers

overtone audio

Apologies if this should be posted in some other forum!

Looking for a sensible way to do this. I want the TV remote to control the volume.
I tried a couple of HDMI ARC to audio (RCA output) converters from Amazon, but the volume control 1. does not show on the TV screen and 2. the range of control is very low, and so is the volume at the max (hitting the + on the volume control on the remote many times)...

Any advice is welcome, thanks in advance.

Apologies if this should be posted in some other forum!

Looking for a sensible way to do this. I want the TV remote to control the volume.
I tried a couple of HDMI ARC to audio (RCA output) converters from Amazon, but the volume control 1. does not show on the TV screen and 2. the range of control is very low, and so is the volume at the max (hitting the + on the volume control on the remote many times)...

Any advice is welcome, thanks in advance.

Hi

From the limited information you mentioned, I assume you are trying to connect the VT (VU) TV to powered Genelec speakers and want to control overall output using the TV remote.

The Powered speakers most of them have analog inputs to feed in. Very few have Digital (Optical) options. I think a straight connection would be using Headphones out from the TV (if available) to the speakers and control the volume using TV remote.

Perhaps if you can share pics of the back of the TV showing what inputs / output slots are there or share the model of the TV, maybe then one of us can assist better and see what can be done.

Thanks for your response...

The TV has multiple HDMI and one ARC. one set of RCA r/b/yellow badged AV. and then pair of USB, RJ45 and a HP out (ep jack).

As you mentioned, the Genelecs have RCA analogue inputs.

I am able to control the level using the TV remote when connecting the HDMI (ARC) through one of these boxes available on Amazon. I cannot see any graphic of the volume control on the screen and the range of control seems too low (love volume to high volume).

I am looking for a better solution than these ~3000/- chinese 'nameless' boxes on Amazon...

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back