VU 65" XT780 3D vs 4K 65" Iconium

terrible

My absolutely rubbish TV, the VU 65" XT780 has fortunately developed serious clouding issue. Now the choice I have been given is of replacement with a new similar model or the 4K one with a certain payment in addition. Would like to know if its worth going for the 4K from perspective of colours. Are the blacks at correct levels, hopefully the browns are not muddy... etc, etc. If there is no major improvement over the 3D model, don't want to give more money to that company. I'd rather get a new piece of the same make and further see what to do. Need some advice from VU owners, especially those who own the Iconium Series TV.

Thank you.

Oops! Just when I made-up my mind I see this msg... Bad luck mate! how old is your TV did it last one season at least?

If there is no major improvement over the 3D model, don't want to give more money to that company. I'd rather get a new piece of the same make and further see what to do.

Thank you.
Actually you answered yourself! As you know how subjective this hobby is and I do not think you should consider the Iconium version if it is adding more outlay, money wise.
To answer more specifically, only you can tell how great or bad are one compared to another. I am hoping it is not too tough to demo.

Actually you answered yourself! As you know how subjective this hobby is and I do not think you should consider the Iconium version if it is adding more outlay, money wise.
Actually it isn't subjective, if you watch my TV, its universally screwed up. My particular model. And however subjective watching TV maybe, some things in it apply to all eyes. E.g. the black output etc. And I am a sucker for views and counter-views. Reminds the purpose of this forum. And the fact that along with being subjective, the hobby requires constant education.

I am hoping it is not too tough to demo.

Damn why didn't I think of that!

So, taking SatMumbai's advice, I have decided not to invest further money in the company and not take the offer of an upgrade to Iconium 4K.

The service engineer has told me that they will take my television and replace the panel. Now I don't know if they will replace or repair it, if that's even possible. In case they replace it, how can I be sure that its been replaced and not repaired? Is there a serial no or something that I can note down?

@terrible - Have you got the extended warranty mate? I don't think that there is any way to find out if they will repair the panel or replace it. The situation is dicey. You either go for another brand or just have to trust the company guys. Iconium is so far doing good. I have got one with me. Resolution is really great in 4K. Sharp blacks. No clouding. So its worth taking the risk. Just a suggestion. Finally you have to decide on it.

@terrible - Have you got the extended warranty mate? I don't think that there is any way to find out if they will repair the panel or replace it. The situation is dicey. You either go for another brand or just have to trust the company guys. Iconium is so far doing good. I have got one with me. Resolution is really great in 4K. Sharp blacks. No clouding. So its worth taking the risk. Just a suggestion. Finally you have to decide on it.

I have the extended warranty. I had foreseen the situation with the model. Something was going to give. Now I don't know if thats the situation with all models of this make or just mine. I think once I have this panel replaced, I'll get a clearer picture. I might sell it off to someone who likes big, cheap. Unlike the earliest models of VU, where the degradation would take place very gradually and possibly after two and a half years to three, the newer ones decline rapidly.

I think I'll stay away from VU and spend a bit more on a brand that offers better output. Otherwise, it really sucks to have the kind of equipment I have invested in.

@terrible - In future I'll also stay away from VU as they don't give any periodic firmware updates. The OS really sucks. I have figured out that my model LTDN55XT780XWAU3D 55" 4K Iconium TV is the clone model of HISENSE company USA which they have stopped supporting there. Or I would say it's the outdated USA model dumped through VU in India. I asked HISENSE for firmware updates for this model but they simply denied and flashed the message model not supported in USA. Actually the OS sucks big time. No typing support, no new updates for apps etc etc. Full of sh** OS. See how VU is fooling people in India. I hope to get a firmware update soon from somewhere so that I can flash my TV myself and update it or change the OS. But in future will never buy VU.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back