VU Pixelight HDR 55" LTDN55XT780XWAU3D -Comprehensive Review

jax4ever

Hey guys, I bought VU Pixelight HDR 55" model LTDN55XT780XWAU3D, I was not lucky enough to get IFFalcon ;P .
I may sound like VU Fanboy but trust me i'm not . I did in depth testing if you keep reading this, you will know.
If you guys are not able to buy IFFalcon then you can go with what i bought. No Offence to TCL Fans here.

I reccomend to buy pixellight version with a good android TV box for best experience. and trust me it will not cost u any extra with a TV Box, but same as Mi or TCL current prices. I will explain prices in the end.

I recommend not buy 55SU134 Model which is vu 's current flagship android based TV, not pixellight version, It's a bad Pick for it's price(50-60K INR) and does not have HDR nor good picture quality,

I have connected my Tv to PC and android TV Box.
(LTDN55XT780XWAU3D ) comes with Opera Tv OS, which is kind'a gimpy, so i bought a good android TV box MeCool M8S Pro L.

It shows supported color spaces :

YCbCr 4:4:4 8-Bit (Same as RGB)
YCbCr 4:2:0 10-Bit (Good for HDR)
YCbCr 4:2:0 12-Bit (Best for HDR , heavy load on HDMI so better use good quality very short cable ~1m for this as default setting.)
RGB ---- 8-Bit RGB (Only for Youtube :p because all videos on youtube are RGB only. )
YCbCr 4:2:2 12-bit [PC only] [HDR not supported in this mode via PC]
YCbCr 4:2:2 10-bit [PC only] [HDR not supported in this mode via PC]

*See R G B does not have Luma only has Chroma.

HDR on PC:
My PC was able to do HDR in RGB mode only, but colors are lost due to 8-Bit.
Windows has really bad HDR support so i recommend not to play HDR videos from PC, may be nvidia 10XX+ or 20XX+ series GPUs will have better support for HDR. Let PC be the gaming Monster only.

HDR on TV box:
Tv box supported HDR in all color spaces.
Also it's worth mentioning that TV Box shows Dolby vision toggle not HDR toggle options like HDR to SDR or SDR to HDR. It should be due to 12 bit support :) Yay!!.
Or it could be a Gimmik ? You guys suggest ?

I have tested 4K 10-Bit HDR Videos nearly 10-15 videos upto 40GB both native .ts and compressed .x264 | .x265 formats, it runs it fine and better on TV box than on native TV player, but at times has to set brightness and contrast accordingly for compressed formats.
HDR videos on Youtube, Netflix and on .ts formats runs just fine as it is, no settings for picture was needed.
Some how they are well optimized and runs good with default settings.

HDR on Native TV Player:
Only One problem i notice that happened repeatedly was:
White color Light Bleed when Images have too much light source in action in one area but this was not found when Playing from TV Box, so it's not a big issue when you have a TV box. It has to be native Player issue.

Gaming:
I recommend not to game too much on TV boxes and on Built in Android OS on TVs (Except if u have an nvidia shield TV).

Because nvidia shield has cooling system that ensures safe tempratures 60-70' C Max and no other Tv or TV box has built in cooling system so it will heat up on gaming and reduce overall motherboard life span specially if u have Android in Build like IFFalcon..

On PC i have a GTX 970 (1080@60FPS ), Trust me this TV has very less input lag. I do mean for FPS games as well. i tested Battlefield 1 on this and it ran with no input lag that i can measure. It is simply because it's VA panel. I general VA Panels has lesser input lag. So do mind if u have IPS panel like MI TV 4. I don't know for IFfalcon ? You guys are to judge this?.

Duly note that RGB option on this TV has only 8-bit color space so i better switch to YCbCr 10 /12 bit works better on PC, as well as on TV Box Noticeable color depth enhancement is easily visible. Tv itsel has no color space option though. I wonder which brand TV has ?

I would like to know what are the color spaces IFFalcon supports ?.

Big Question: Finally the Price ? With added cost of TV box you guys may think it's more expensive right ?
Answer: Yes and No , if you are smart enough to catch deals on on internet and know how to do online shopping.

It costs me : Rupees 46500 /- for both TV and TV box. See it's same as price of iFFalcon and only 1k greater than MiTV4

Cost Break down:
55" 4k Picxellight HDR TV : 42320 (Summer Sale on PayTm)
Meecol M8S Pro L 3GB/32GB : 4100 (Flash Sale on Gearbest [email protected] INR)
Total: 46420

How i bought TV:
Instead from flipkart (Rs 49990) I bought from PayTm.
I know fake sellers sell refurbished item on PayTm, But if you buy from Brand as Seller it self then you need not to worry, always check for seller on PayTm. E.g. If seller name is like : SUPER IT MALL or Just Name then it's fishy.
But if Vu or Brand is the seller itself then no worries.

I kept product in kart and I waited for sale event, to get maximum cashback as normally it is 10% to 13%,
On Summer sale events it rises even further for all products and i luckily got 17% cashback which is 8500 of 50400 quoted price.
So cost to me was : 42K and not 50K.
PayTm guys did removed this TV from their site and put crappy iconium TVs (2015 models) just before summer sale. But i was having this(2017) model on my kart so i was able to navigate to it and applied the summer sale cashback of 17% instead of 13%. It was mid of July 2018. now In August 2018 this has quoted price of 54000 and cashback is upto 13%.

How i bought TV Box Mecool M8S Pro L 32Gb 3Gb variant:
Buying TV box was not a piece of cake, Flash sales were on their way on gear best. andby skill i got it for (65$) just a week before dollar shoots 70 INR mark. Now Its 80 -90 $.
Meecol M8S Pro L : Except Nvidia shield TV This Tv Box beats Every Android Tv or Tv Box in market.
It was priced accordingly 85 sshh dollars.
It was not luck that i got it for 65$. It's demand-supply thing i was able to apply.
I was tracking this since July and NetFlix bug appeared, that broke netflix on this device.
I dig into it and found out Netflix guys are not going to fix this they intentionally did this, instead mecool guys were working on some unofficial patch as work around. Breaking of Netflix appeared to be a major downfall for this device. Situation goes viral and by the time demand decreases for this device and prices went down immediately due high stocks available in flash sales.

I saw it's price coming down from 85 to 65sshh dollars in just 2 days after netflix issue goes viral.
Even knowing netflix is not working i bought this at 65$. I keow meecol guys will not let down it's customer any ways.
I got this device on 8 Aug and on 17 Aug i got the patch fix and Netflix started working. yaay!!. And agian price went up from 65 to 85-90$

Hey guys, I bought VU Pixelight HDR 55" model LTDN55XT780XWAU3D, I was not lucky enough to get IFFalcon ;P .
I may sound like VU Fanboy but trust me i'm not . I did in depth testing if you keep reading this, you will know.
If you guys are not able to buy IFFalcon then you can go with what i bought. No Offence to TCL Fans here.

I reccomend to buy pixellight version with a good android TV box for best experience. and trust me it will not cost u any extra with a TV Box, but same as Mi or TCL current prices. I will explain prices in the end.

I recommend not buy 55SU134 Model which is vu 's current flagship android based TV, not pixellight version, It's a bad Pick for it's price(50-60K INR) and does not have HDR nor good picture quality,

I have connected my Tv to PC and android TV Box.
(LTDN55XT780XWAU3D ) comes with Opera Tv OS, which is kind'a gimpy, so i bought a good android TV box MeCool M8S Pro L.

It shows supported color spaces :

YCbCr 4:2:0 12-Bit (Best for HDR , heavy load on HDMI so better use good quality very short cable ~1m for this as default setting.)
RGB ---- 8-Bit RGB (Only for Youtube :p because all videos on youtube are RGB only. )

*See R G B does not have Luma only has Chroma.

HDR on PC:
My PC was able to do HDR in RGB mode only, but colors are lost due to 8-Bit.
Windows has really bad HDR support so i recommend not to play HDR videos from PC, may be nvidia 10XX+ or 20XX+ series GPUs will have better support for HDR. Let PC be the gaming Monster only.

HDR on TV box:
Tv box supported HDR in all color spaces.
Also it's worth mentioning that TV Box shows Dolby vision toggle not HDR toggle options like HDR to SDR or SDR to HDR. It should be due to 12 bit support :) Yay!!.
Or it could be a Gimmik ? You guys suggest ?

I have tested 4K 10-Bit HDR Videos nearly 10-15 videos upto 40GB both native .ts and compressed .x264 | .x265 formats, it runs it fine and better on TV box than on native TV player, but at times has to set brightness and contrast accordingly for compressed formats.
HDR videos on Youtube, Netflix and on .ts formats runs just fine as it is, no settings for picture was needed.
Some how they are well optimized and runs good with default settings.

HDR on Native TV Player:
Only One problem i notice that happened repeatedly was:
White color Light Bleed when Images have too much light source in action in one area but this was not found when Playing from TV Box, so it's not a big issue when you have a TV box. It has to be native Player issue.

Gaming:
I recommend not to game too much on TV boxes and on Built in Android OS on TVs (Except if u have an nvidia shield TV).

Because nvidia shield has cooling system that ensures safe tempratures 60-70' C Max and no other Tv or TV box has built in cooling system so it will heat up on gaming and reduce overall motherboard life span specially if u have Android in Build like IFFalcon..

On PC i have a GTX 970 (1080@60FPS ), Trust me this TV has very less input lag. I do mean for FPS games as well. i tested Battlefield 1 on this and it ran with no input lag that i can measure. It is simply because it's VA panel. I general VA Panels has lesser input lag. So do mind if u have IPS panel like MI TV 4. I don't know for IFfalcon ? You guys are to judge this?.

Duly note that RGB option on this TV has only 8-bit color space so i better switch to YCbCr 10 /12 bit works better on PC, as well as on TV Box Noticeable color depth enhancement is easily visible. Tv itsel has no color space option though. I wonder which brand TV has ?

I would like to know what are the color spaces IFFalcon supports ?.

Big Question: Finally the Price ? With added cost of TV box you guys may think it's more expensive right ?
Answer: Yes and No , if you are smart enough to catch deals on on internet and know how to do online shopping.

It costs me : Rupees 46500 /- for both TV and TV box. See it's same as price of iFFalcon and only 1k greater than MiTV4

Cost Break down:
55" 4k Picxellight HDR TV : 42320 (Summer Sale on PayTm)
Meecol M8S Pro L 3GB/32GB : 4100 (Flash Sale on Gearbest [email protected] INR)
Total: 46420

How i bought TV:
Instead from flipkart (Rs 49990) I bought from PayTm.
I know fake sellers sell refurbished item on PayTm, But if you buy from Brand as Seller it self then you need not to worry, always check for seller on PayTm. E.g. If seller name is like : SUPER IT MALL or Just Name then it's fishy.
But if Vu or Brand is the seller itself then no worries.

I kept product in kart and I waited for sale event, to get maximum cashback as normally it is 10% to 13%,
On Summer sale events it rises even further for all products and i luckily got 17% cashback which is 8500 of 50400 quoted price.
So cost to me was : 42K and not 50K.
PayTm guys did removed this TV from their site and put crappy iconium TVs (2015 models) just before summer sale. But i was having this(2017) model on my kart so i was able to navigate to it and applied the summer sale cashback of 17% instead of 13%. It was mid of July 2018. now In August 2018 this has quoted price of 54000 and cashback is upto 13%.

How i bought TV Box Mecool M8S Pro L 32Gb 3Gb variant:
Buying TV box was not a piece of cake, Flash sales were on their way on gear best. andby skill i got it for (65$) just a week before dollar shoots 70 INR mark. Now Its 80 -90 $.
Meecol M8S Pro L : Except Nvidia shield TV This Tv Box beats Every Android Tv or Tv Box in market.
It was priced accordingly 85 sshh dollars.
It was not luck that i got it for 65$. It's demand-supply thing i was able to apply.
I was tracking this since July and NetFlix bug appeared, that broke netflix on this device.
I dig into it and found out Netflix guys are not going to fix this they intentionally did this, instead mecool guys were working on some unofficial patch as work around. Breaking of Netflix appeared to be a major downfall for this device. Situation goes viral and by the time demand decreases for this device and prices went down immediately due high stocks available in flash sales.

I saw it's price coming down from 85 to 65sshh dollars in just 2 days after netflix issue goes viral.
Even knowing netflix is not working i bought this at 65$. I keow meecol guys will not let down it's customer any ways.
I got this device on 8 Aug and on 17 Aug i got the patch fix and Netflix started working. yaay!!. And agian price went up from 65 to 85-90$

Man! A nice Detailed review around the TV purchase and performance, i guess you may stand to win the review awards which has been started recently by HFV!

Please post some pics......it helps

Looking for 65 inch of the same series from VU but not sure if the seller listed on PayTM Mall. Can you provide the name of the seller you bought it from? I am based in Gurgaon so not sure if the same sellers so everywhere. Also Croma is still selling these but at higher prices, though they are bundling 3 years brand warranty with it.

Wow.. Thanks a lot for the detailed review. I was in search of this TV but then its sold out everywhere for Pune. Even the VU dealer here does not have this TV in stock. Now that its out of reach, I looked into other 4K TVs but somehow was not convinced.

Finally, till the time good 4K TV appears (May be next year), I have settled for a ViviBright 1080P (Native 1280*800) projector. All the content I have is anyways not 4K so thought of this projector. May be next year, I will upgrade to 4K TV as well as 4K capable graphics card for my HTPC. The crypto currency made the prices of graphics cards shoot up like anything :(

Please keep updating this thread so it would help people like me to take a call.

Thanks guys !!
Do note the color spaces i tested were at 4K@60Hz only on both PC and TV Box.:

While at 4K 30Hz and 1080p @60Hz i found out this TV supports all luma and chroma algorithms at 8 , 10 and 12 bit respectively.
See the screenshot attached.

Attachments

• 1 upload.jpg
    1 upload.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 47
Excellent review with great details.
I have few questions regarding MeCool M8S Pro L
1) Can this device play Netflix 4K content and Amazon Prime 4K?
2) Can it pass through all audio True HD, Atmos, DTS MA?

I tested Mi Box which shows HDR to SDR and SDR to HDR options.
When i turned on SDR to HDR screen immediately turns to TV native HDR. This means every thing that is SDR is now converted into HDR and TV now can display everything in HDR.
I tested some non HDR (SDR) videos on Youtube and from HDD . Some looked too good than before some too dull, Some Pretty, Some like Bookeh Effect.
It's a hit or miss scenario. You cannot expect HDR to work for all kinds of things. It worked better than windows.
But it works so i'm happy to see it. But Mi box is borrowed, so i had to return ;P
Also, i tested HDR movies on Mi Box which were better overall than on Mecool TV box and windows.

Also this proved the dolby vision option in MeCool M8sPro L was just a fake it didn't do any thing. But this box does play HDR when i play HDR but won't do SDR to HDR like windows or Mi Box. So that's a bummer.

But there's a big BUT with Mi Box.
-> Kodi didn't worked.
-> Cannot Play very large files >20GB. Just Can't load it.
-> No Sound on VLC on many videos.
-> Sluggish and Slow in general not even comparable to MeCool performance.

I will create a seprate thraed for Mecool M8S Pro L, to dig this issue.

Excellent review with great details.
I have few questions regarding MeCool M8S Pro L
1) Can this device play Netflix 4K content and Amazon Prime 4K?
2) Can it pass through all audio True HD, Atmos, DTS MA?

Answer: #1 No 4k on Netflix, This can do 1080p and 1080p HDR
#2 If you connect you speakers directly to spdif/audio jack on this device then No, it's only supports 2.1 channel. But if your TV supports 7,1 or DTS Atoms etc. then connect speakers to TV and let HDMI do the Job, there's no lag via HDMI. If you cannot connect your speakers to TV then you are stuck with 2.1 channel only.
#3 I do not have prime membership so i cannot test 4K video. Also Amazon prime app does not work, when i play any video it crashes every time.

Do read about SDR to HDR i mentioned in this Thread

Useful and great review Jax .. I am trying to buy from Paytmmall the same LTDN55XT780XWAU3D , but only see the least that it was offered was 50K around ( Buy hatke price chart says so) .. is there a better way to grab it for 42-45k ? as mentioned by you ? please guide .

Useful and great review Jax .. I am trying to buy from Paytmmall the same LTDN55XT780XWAU3D , but only see the least that it was offered was 50K around ( Buy hatke price chart says so) .. is there a better way to grab it for 42-45k ? as mentioned by you ? please guide .

Should try on Big Bilion Days competition around festive seasons give companies like Paytm a push, it should run around 20-25% cash back no matter the price they put 50k less or more.

Thanks guys !!
Do note the color spaces i tested were at 4K@60Hz only on both PC and TV Box.:

While at 4K 30Hz and 1080p @60Hz i found out this TV supports all luma and chroma algorithms at 8 , 10 and 12 bit respectively.
See the screenshot attached.

Can you inform how you reached the menu?
I have the same model and cannot see the options.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back