Vu tv HDR range... Any review or feedback?

sanchits

I just saw vu latest 2017 hdr range in Flipkart, I was looking at the 50 inch model for arnd 50k. If anyone can share any review or feedback, it'll be great.

I have x3 55 4k ips panel
Which I have tested
1080p 120hz on titanx 12gb gpu

Me to in same dimella
Check on YouTube also there is some local distributor of letv in metro cities ..do visit thre.
Also price is 75k plus for 50 4k hdr ...better buy Samsung 554k hdr on eBay.in at 65k plus

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

I have their 65 "HDR" TV (older model?). It not really an HDR TV. The whole 10 bit panel with wide color gamut is just a marketing gimmick and not true. It does not accept HDR signals and only accepts normal 8-bit signals. I had a long conversation with their customer support over mail for the same where they tried to put a spin every which way to support their claims, sometimes even contradicting what they said in previous instance, including a blast from the past saying its "HDR ready" TV. They could not explain what "HDR ready" means.

What I realised is as a brand, Vu is not trustworthy and I will never buy from them in the future. Its ok to buy entry level TV sets from them but for higher level ones, I would suggest going for Samsung or LG. You might get a slightly smaller sized panel for the money but they are more reputed and reliable and more honest with their claims.

I have been meaning to write about this whole cheating and false advertising by Vu for a while but could not get time to do so. Seeing your post made me to warn you about not taking their claims at face value and make a mistake like me.

Last edited:
I checked out the TVs on flipkart and did not see new 2017 models. The 65 inch (*XT800*) is the one I have so I guess mine is not the older but their current model. I would say stay away from "pixellight HDR" as its not really HDR.

A lot of missing and wrong information is given on product page. How can it be HDR if its peak brightness level is only 450nits. It has to be 1000nits for an LCD-LED type. Moreover what type of panel it uses 10bit or 8bit is not given. Taking a wild guess here and assuming this is not UHD certified Tv nor it is HDR capable. The worse part is its showing a refresh rate of 50hz not sure it typo or indeed its limited 50hz.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back