VUUV X96 Android 6.0 UHD 4K Smart TV Box - Owners Thread

baala

Dear all,

In the forum after a really long time!!! Good to be back....

My Himedia HD600C has been acting really funny in the recent past..... First the fan stopped working in 2015 (which was in a way good, as the noise was too much)... For the last 2-3 months, it started ejecting the HDD inbetween use :sad: ... and frequency kept increasing and it is happening many times now....

For whats its worth, we have had very nice time with it all the while :signthankspin: and it was time to move on....

Now Himedia Q8 & Q10 were are quite costly and I was not intending to spend that much.... There wasn't much of information about the same in this forum also.... After much dwindling between reviews of MXQs, T95s etc... grounded on VUUV X96 and just ordered it... :thumbsup:

Thought of starting this thread to get any other possible owners together and also to help anyone looking to buy a Andriod box to decide....

Pros I considered: :)

1. Andriod 6.0 OS
2. Kodi - pre installed
3. CPU: Amlogic S905X Quad-core 64-bit with ARM Cortex-A53 up to 2GHz Processor
4. Memory: 2 variant - 1 GB & 2 GB
5. Storage: 2 variants - 8 GB & 16 GB
6. Support Decoder format: HD 4k UHD, H.265, H.264, MPEG1/ 2/ 4, H.265, HD AVC/ VC-1, RM/ RMVB, Xvid/ DivX3/ 4/ 5/ 6, RealVideo8/ 9/ 10
7. Supported Media format: Avi/ Rm/ Rmvb/ Ts/ Vob/ Mkv/ Mov/ ISO/ wmv/ asf/ flv/ dat/ mpg/ mpeg
8. Supported Music format: MP3/ WMA/ AAC/ WAV/ OGG/ AC3/ DDP/ TrueHD/ DTS/ DTS/ HD/ FLAC/ APE
9. Supported Photo format: HD JPEG/ BMP/ GIF/ PNG/ TIFF
10. Ports: 1 x HDMI, 1 x AV, 2 x USB, 1 x RJ-45, 1 x SD-MMC, 1 Optical, Wifi
11: Supports Netflix, Amazon Prime video, Skype chatting, Youtube, Picasa, Facebook and Google Play - which lets you install what you what.... many more video streaming apps.

Package (supposedly) will include:
1 x Android TV Box 1 x Remote control 1 x Power Supply 1 x HDMI Cable 1 x User Manual

Uff..... Felt good writing so much after a long time :yahoo: :eek:hyeah:

Request any other owners to join in and contribute anything valuable...

I will share the links from amazon in the next post....

Amazon Link for the same:

Option 1: VUUV X96 Android 6.0 UHD 4K Smart TV Box (LATEST 2017 MODEL 4K VERSION) Quad Core, 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM, 1080p Full HD, SPDIF, 2 USB Ports ** FREE GIFT ** - Rs. 5670 VUUV X96 Android 6.0 UHD 4K Smart TV Box 2GB, 16GB

and

Option 2: VUUV X96 Android 6.0 UHD 4K Smart TV Box (LATEST 2017 MODEL 4K VERSION) Quad Core, 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM, 1080p Full HD, SPDIF, 2 USB Ports ** FREE GIFT ** - Rs. 3990 VUUV X96 Android 6.0 UHD 4K Smart TV Box 1GB, 8GB

I ordered option 1 with Rii® MWK08 i8 Mini 2.4GHz Wireless Touchpad Keyboard with Mouse - Rs. 909.90 Amazon.in: Buy Rii® MWK08 i8 Mini 2.4GHz Wireless Touchpad Keyboard with Mouse (2.4G Black)

Last edited:
Ive had one of these boxes for a couple months now. I opted for the 2g/16g. It's good for kodi, but I keep having issues with Netflix & Google play. Netflix I get the 0013 error (cannot connect to network) and Google play stops. When I uninstall Google play updates it runs ok but stops the next time I go in. So far I haven't been able to find a workaround that I can perform. Ive tried several different suggestions I've found but they either dont fix the issue or I can't perform the necessary steps for whatever reason. I mainly use Kodi but the Play and Netflix would be nice to have working right.

Hi,

I too want to buy this. But before that I want to know, whether it supports following audio formats or not.

1. Dolby True HD
2. DTS HD Master Audio

Dear all,

My Himedia HD600C has been acting really funny in the recent past..... First the fan stopped working in 2015 (which was in a way good, as the noise was too much)... For the last 2-3 months, it started ejecting the HDD inbetween use :sad: ... and frequency kept increasing and it is happening many times now....

For whats its worth, we have had very nice time with it all the while :signthankspin: and it was time to move on....

Now Himedia Q8 & Q10 were are quite costly and I was not intending to spend that much.... There wasn't much of information about the same in this forum also.... After much dwindling between reviews of MXQs, T95s etc... grounded on VUUV X96 and just ordered it... :thumbsup:

Thought of starting this thread to get any other possible owners together and also to help anyone looking to buy a Andriod box to decide....

Have you recieved your device.. Please share some reviews about tis Android Box..

Ive had one of these boxes for a couple months now. I opted for the 2g/16g. It's good for kodi, but I keep having issues with Netflix & Google play. Netflix I get the 0013 error (cannot connect to network) and Google play stops. When I uninstall Google play updates it runs ok but stops the next time I go in. So far I haven't been able to find a workaround that I can perform. Ive tried several different suggestions I've found but they either dont fix the issue or I can't perform the necessary steps for whatever reason. I mainly use Kodi but the Play and Netflix would be nice to have working right.

Which model / make are you using..

Dear all,

Pros I considered: :)

1. Andriod 6.0 OS
2. Kodi - pre installed
3. CPU: Amlogic S905X Quad-core 64-bit with ARM Cortex-A53 up to 2GHz Processor
4. Memory: 2 variant - 1 GB & 2 GB
5. Storage: 2 variants - 8 GB & 16 GB
6. Support Decoder format: HD 4k UHD, H.265, H.264, MPEG1/ 2/ 4, H.265, HD AVC/ VC-1, RM/ RMVB, Xvid/ DivX3/ 4/ 5/ 6, RealVideo8/ 9/ 10
7. Supported Media format: Avi/ Rm/ Rmvb/ Ts/ Vob/ Mkv/ Mov/ ISO/ wmv/ asf/ flv/ dat/ mpg/ mpeg
8. Supported Music format: MP3/ WMA/ AAC/ WAV/ OGG/ AC3/ DDP/ TrueHD/ DTS/ DTS/ HD/ FLAC/ APE
9. Supported Photo format: HD JPEG/ BMP/ GIF/ PNG/ TIFF
10. Ports: 1 x HDMI, 1 x AV, 2 x USB, 1 x RJ-45, 1 x SD-MMC, 1 Optical, Wifi
11: Supports Netflix, Amazon Prime video, Skype chatting, Youtube, Picasa, Facebook and Google Play - which lets you install what you what.... many more video streaming apps.

Package (supposedly) will include:
1 x Android TV Box 1 x Remote control 1 x Power Supply 1 x HDMI Cable 1 x User Manual

Uff..... Felt good writing so much after a long time :yahoo: :eek:hyeah:

Hi,
I am thinking of buying an android tv box, the main reason is i want to play h.265 videos from my external 1tb hdd, so i wanted to know if i will be able to hook this box to my receiver(denon x1000) and enjoy the same. If not could you let me know how i could enjoy the same.
Thanks in advance

Hi,

I am thinking of buying an android tv box, the main reason is i want to play h.265 videos from my external 1tb hdd, so i wanted to know if i will be able to hook this box to my receiver(denon x1000) and enjoy the same. If not could you let me know how i could enjoy the same.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I am planning to sell my Himedia 900b, let me know if that interests you, I am looking for upgrade and hence the sell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

I too want to buy this. But before that I want to know, whether it supports following audio formats or not.

1. Dolby True HD
2. DTS HD Master Audio

Hi Babu:

Check my post for refer to point no.8 - where I have indicated the audio formats supported...I guess both TrueHD and DTS/HD is present

Trust that helps......

Hi,
Thanks in advance

Hi Sujith and other friends,

Sorry I was completely stuck with my official work, that I couldnt check back here for quite some time...

Sujith: I have attached the image of the backside of the X96 box, there is a point for optical. Not sure if you will have a cable for that from Denon. I am not very good at HT receivers.

2CaxNY.jpg

Trust this helps.....

I am looking at boxes similar to this one, had a few questions -
why this and not an S912 based box?
Does this let you play amazon prime in HD?
Does it support hotstar? also HD capability?
How stable is it (have read plenty of reviews were people say that it crashes randomly, much like most cheap android phones)
How is the audio quality? Planning to use it to replace my bluetooth streamer
does it skip/buffer while streaming video over wifi?
can it support a hard disk ? torrent client? run the HDD as a NAS?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back