Wall Mount for B&W 685 Bookshelves ????

Flash

I recently picked up the B&W 685 Bookshelves and plan on using it for a pure stereo setup in my living room. I have another stereo setup in my common bedroom

I already have the Wharfedale 9.6 Floorstanders which i use for HT.
Since the B&W's are going to be in the same room. I am tight on space and I cant have stands. My wife would blow her lid off.

However the only option I do have is to place the B&W's above the Wharfedale 9.6 on a wall mount.

Any suggestions on which wall mount i can use or where to buy them .

Since the speakers are going to be above my ear level,
I am looking for a wall mount which gives me the flexibility to swivel the speakers horizontally to toe in/out and vertically to adjust the angle.

- F l a s h -

Having bought B&W 685 and going for wall mount is not advisable to get the full potential. As slight push and pull of Floor standers can be done by placing the 685 on stands. Kindly post your present setup, let us see how we can avoid blowing the lid of your wife:)

Here it is

thats the wall i am going to use . clicked from my sitting position. as u can see . i already have 2 large Pioneer Bookshelves on the floor, which i will move out from there. I have to still build my rack and wall mount the TV. However considering there is absolutely no space because of a side wall to the right and door to the right.
Once the TV is wall mounted the AV rack is going to extend right up till the whary's
So virtually no space

PARDON THE MESS >>>> :lol:

- F l a s h -

Use Steel wall mounts if you must with ball socket arrangement.
Please post a pic of the rear of your speaker to confirm if you can use them

Some speakers come with threaded insert at the rear for the above purpose

Another option ofcourse is to use good rigid shelving brackets . Then put a granite slab and plonk the speaker on top

Use Steel wall mounts if you must with ball socket arrangement.
Please post a pic of the rear of your speaker to confirm if you can use them

Some speakers come with threaded insert at the rear for the above purpose

Another option ofcourse is to use good rigid shelving brackets . Then put a granite slab and plonk the speaker on top

Sent u a pm Magma . will post a pic of the rear of the speaker

After seeing your setup, Yes, u have a very tight space and u want to take a every juice out of it.:)

I believe you are using 9.6 for movies? Since 685 is can also be used as an 5.1 package for HT, please try out instead of your 9.6 for the movies and see how you feel the sound by placing in an stand( get an stand from an member in your city)

As per my thought placing the 685 in that place in wall mount will spoil your present aesthetic look:sad:

Flash
i have a feeling your 9.6 might sound better than the B&W's ( especially thinking of the placement) in pure stereo

Did you hear these speakers at home?

i would have instead put my money on a good power amp and drive the crap outta the floor standers

your wife must have already lost it
you say you have another stereo setup in the bedroom
then youve got the warfs
and those huge pioneers
and now the B&Ws
whew!

After seeing your setup, Yes, u have a very tight space and u want to take a every juice out of it.:)

I believe you are using 9.6 for movies? Since 685 is can also be used as an 5.1 package for HT, please try out instead of your 9.6 for the movies and see how you feel the sound by placing in an stand( get an stand from an member in your city)

As per my thought placing the 685 in that place in wall mount will spoil your present aesthetic look:sad:

Well the 685's imho is not going to cut it for movies as I don't have a sub. and the wharfy's can dish out some serious Lf's
Neither would i want to use the B&W's as rears as its a complete waste of a perfectly good speaker

I do have a pair of speaker stands which are at my dad's house i can try that out. but bass extention is going to be a problem.

I am going in for a DIY with the Rythmik 1505's drivers and 370w direct servo plate amp. I am going in for a ported design but that is not going to materialize till mid December

Neither would i want to use the B&W's as rears as its a complete waste of a perfectly good speaker

I do have a pair of speaker stands which are at my dad's house i can try that out. but bass extention is going to be a problem.

Good you are clear on your point. Try it out with the stands whether it makes any difference of 9.6 :)

Magma

Yes i did a side by side comparo all day today and what can i say . the wharfys 9.6 have a better full range response, play a lot louder, bigger soundstage, and oodles of bass.

However the B&W's
very delicate midrange, fantastic with vocals and a tad bit brighter. the speakers are not yet broken. hardly used it for 5 hours in total maybe a little less.
String Instruments sound better on the B&W and overal i felt better clarity
Jazz sounds fantastic on these little monsters.

Any suggestion for a cheap Poweramp with a wide bandwidth. I dont really care about fan noise

in this pic i moved my wharfys of the the way because of lack of space and perched the B&W 685's above my pioneer Bookshelves. connected it to Onkyo Nr 809 and the amp on the floor is a Denon

another pic, the wharfys are moved to the side and not connected.

Flash
i have a feeling your 9.6 might sound better than the B&W's ( especially thinking of the placement) in pure stereo

Did you hear these speakers at home?

i would have instead put my money on a good power amp and drive the crap outta the floor standers

your wife must have already lost it
you say you have another stereo setup in the bedroom
then youve got the warfs
and those huge pioneers
and now the B&Ws
whew!

keep your fingers crossed
Hope you hear the same when the speakers are in another position

heres another option!
sell the warfies keep the BW's
get a sub and a good clean 60 rms integrated

Magma,

LOL
Well what can i say wife has not completely lost it as yet .. but pretty sure it will happen sooner or later. I guess she will when she sees the 15inch Rythmik sub which is basically 24"(H) x 24"(D)x18(W) expected mid December. she knows nothing of it rite now and luckily does not visit Hifivision.
U may find me one day sitting on the road with a bunch or speakers, amps, cables. skewed all around me and and nowhere to to go.
I guess that is the day where I /You will truly realize the true meaning of WAF and its importance :lol:

keep your fingers crossed
Hope you hear the same when the speakers are in another position

heres another option!
sell the warfies keep the BW's
get a sub and a good clean 60 rms integrated

Well the Wharf's are bloddy decent especially for the price point. very very hard to beat. I dont intend on selling it atleast not for the next 2-3 years.
Infact the Rythmik sub i intend to use it with the Wharf.
I hate my neighbors and the wharfys by them selves can make windows and cabinets rattle at overzealous voulmes.
and what can i say about the Pioneers . they are vinatge circa mid 90's. However with the horn tweeter and 12 inch driver and a frequency response of 40hz to 45khz and a 90db sensitivity just perfect for in your face music

The B&W i intend on using it with a TT / Valve amp in the future. for delicate sound material at average listening volumes.

I am a firm believer of the fact that speakers perform differently with different genres and what may be good for Bass heavy Dubstep, Rock , Bass and Drums may not sound nice with Intrumentals, Jazz, Blues,

As per your output, Since your Wharf 9.6 is better than B&W 685, no use of inserting in the present setup by spoiling the aesthetic look . Do not think about the future of using with Valve setup, let it happen in due course, sell the B&W 685 before the value goes out:)

Or think about using it in another room if you have:)

As per your output, Since your Wharf 9.6 is better than B&W 685, no use of inserting in the present setup by spoiling the aesthetic look . Do not think about the future of using with Valve setup, let it happen in due course, sell the B&W 685 before the value goes out:)

Or think about using it in another room if you have:)

Thanks . a good honest opinion.
guess thats what i'll do .. shove it in the master bedroom on a stand as of now and pair it with a amp .
got a largish bedroom 17 x 11 so place should not be a problem

Lets hope the wife permits it though ;)

Thanks . a good honest opinion.
guess thats what i'll do .. shove it in the master bedroom on a stand as of now and pair it with a amp .
got a largish bedroom 17 x 11 so place should not be a problem

Lets hope the wife permits it though ;)

My another honest suggestion is to use some bass less/small size speaker which were purely musical in the bedroom like Dali / Epos:)

Srini,

I;ve taken your advice , Moved the Speaker to my den. at the moment they are placed on a table . However will be putting them on stands on either side of the table. working out which one to pick up. But going with Magma (soundfoundations)

They are presently placed approx 5.5 feet apart toed in slightly. 8-9 inches from the rear wall. My recliner is approximately 7 feet away. they sound great at the moment in the smaller room. 11x15 put cannot use the length of the room due to WAF.

Looks good, but still happy to see the speaker in Stand and the sound signature. I love the "Predator" too:)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back