Want 2.0 or 2.1 Speakers under 60k

Alwaysramu

Hi,
I want to buy good set of speakers around Rs60,000. I previously owned Altec Lansing MX6021 Expressionist (Rs10,000)... I am bored of them. I want a better 2.1 Speakers.

I want to invest in good quality speakers.
My purpose is music and movies in 70:30... My source is Retina MacBook Pro
Seriously, I would use the speakers only with my Laptop and iPhone.
NO TV... No TV...

I also don't want any AVR or something like that.

I'm A newbie when it comes to Audio. I love music but I don't know anything about audio companies or quality speakers.

Please suggest me the best (2.1 speakers) I can get under Rs60,000.

I liked the Bose Cinemate GS Series II... @ 62,000. I listened to them in Forum mall, Bangalore. I liked them very much but I never had an experience of listening to speakers that cost around 60K....

One more option is Audioengine A5+ speakers with AE S8 Subwoofer = 52K. I didn't listen to them... Only read some reviews.

So, Please suggest me the best (2.1 speakers) I can get under Rs60,000.

I will be in Bangalore for 3 more days, so I can audition some speakers but don't know where to...Please suggest.

Thanks,

Hi

Since you are located in Bangalore, there are a lot of dealers where you can audition many brands and systems.

Boston Acoustics Soundware Cinema system is 2.1 and would be on the same lines of Bose GS speakers..in terms of performance better and would cost somewhere between 30-40k...depends on where you buy them.

Audio Engine is also good....There are other powered speaker brands like Yamaha / Roland etc which you can check and see if it meets your budget and expectations...a simple google search can populate the best 2.0 or 2.1 speakers for Laptop.

Since you want to move up from your current desktop speakers, I sincerely suggest you take a hard look at separates - a stereo amplifier and good bookshelves (30-30). The correct bookshelves would produce good bass, and not necessarily need a subwoofer. And the superior quality of sound will more than make up for a little less bass

The amplifier can handle multiple inputs, so you can keep multiple sources permanently connected and just switch sources. And it is more flexible - you can swap later to better speakers, keeping amplifier same. Or you can upgrade to AVR (when you get around to TV mode :D) and keep the speakers.

Among stereo amplifiers, you can choose between NAD 326 BEE, Marantz PM 5004 and Cambridge Audio Azur 351A - they are the highly recommended ones for sweet music playback. Yamaha AS500 and Denon 710/720 are also options

You can try pairing them with PSB Image B6 (might be slightly expensive), Dali Zensor 3, Wharfedale Diamond 10.2, Q Acoustis 2020 and many others discussed on this forum. Most of these are available in Bangalore - google for them. Take your own music and hear as many as you can. Each of them have a distinct sound signature - and it is difficult to know which one will suit your ears based on internet reviews. 60k is not an inconsiderate sum of money, so try as many as you can

Back