Want to buy a 42" plasma/lcd..urgent!

harry10

HI,
I have checked few-
Pansonic C10- 40k at panasonic brand shop.
Panasonic S10- 54k i guess same shop.
Lg PQ70- 45k at croma.
Samsung La550- 52k(display piece) at croma
Samsung B450- forgot the price.

Now which one i must opt for is the dilemma
My criteria-
Budget -50k arnd. the less the better:D
Hd ready or full hd- Read so much but still confused so suggest.
Screen size-40 or 42 inches.
Plasma or Lcd- As far as reading so much data i understand Plasma are better. I watch 80% tata sky and 20% movies. So suggest accordingly.

Kindly advice and if you know more better models am all ears.

Thanks!

new models in samsung are launched.
LA40C550 / LA40C530...both are good ...difference from earlier models.
USB 2.0 (able to play movies now).
HyperReal engine. Better PQ

Since your usuage is mainly TS get the sony Ex400 ,available for as low as 47k or below in the grey market,if you find the ex400 out of your bugdet incase you wish to buy only from showroom ,then go with the samsung C5xx if its available or wait for it.

Last edited:
Panasonic C10 is available for Rs.31,900 in Blr though some showroom do quote ridiculously high rates.

The Brand show room here quoted Rs.36000 for the same.

Last week i visited e-Zone Chennai was looking @ the Plasma TV's. There were stunning when the content was played thru SUN HD. Much better than the LCD's. They had LG & Panasonic on display. Panasonic easily beats the LG, it has amazing picture clarity.

Please take a close look @ 42' Plasma TV. Though i am not sure of the model, i saw the listed price as around 40K. Visit e-zone and try your luck..

When i saw the models, the resolution was 1024*768 pixels. I believe there were higher pixel ratio also. I think 1024*768 would suffice for most...

Last edited:
Panasonic C10 is available for Rs.31,900 in Blr though some showroom do quote ridiculously high rates.

The Brand show room here quoted Rs.36000 for the same.

Rem, Could you let me know which shop in Bangalore has 42 inch C10 available for the above price? Thanks!

Even i would be interested in knowing the shop address/contact details. What is the minimum price for Panasonic X10?

Checked again.
Getting Samsung B450 plasma 42 inches at -45k.
Panasonic C 10- 39k
PanasonicX10- 46k
Panasonic S10-54k.

Are these prices right correct?
WHich one to go for?
Samsung has impressed me personally by its clarity but its sound system isn't great.

Also Can't see new models for samsung here in faridabad showroom, are they available in delhi,noida ones?

That's awesome... Panasonic C10 is available for Rs.31,900 in Blr
If nyone in Delhi knows where to get a Panasonic C10 at this price please let me know...
Regards
Am in Delhi at the moment, so Delhiites please help......

Check with Pioneer showroom in Ambience mall,Gurgaon. He is the guy who is the actual importer of Panasonic LCD/Plasmas in India. He offers price much lesser than even Panasonic showrooms anywhere in India.

Post us also with the information that you find out. I went there last year and was shocked with the price he was offering.

@Pavit- Do you have his number?
Also can't see new samsung models in showrooms here. Does any showroom has them in NCR?

0124-4665570, 4029254
Found out from here - Ambience Mall NH-8 Gurgaon Haryana - Shopping Mall of India - shoppingmalls.in Shopping Mall in India, Shopping Malls in India
S-253, SENCOND FLOOR, AMBIENCE MALL, AMBIENCE ISLAND, NH-8, GURGAON HARYANA : TELEPHONE # 9899412500 (RAVINDER)
91 - 997-1056666 (SANDEEP)

I'll seriously recommend going there yourself and enquiring then and there only. Since, it's an official Pioneer showroom they may/may not entertain such a query on phone.

I know all this because one of my friends bought a Panasonic plasma from them recently with 6 years warranty. Unfortunately, he has gone abroad and i doubt he'll be checking his mails. Will let you know once he returns

Terribly confused!
Choices- Panasonic S10 or G10 or Samsung c550 if i go with Full HD.
Samsung b450 or newly launched C450 if i go with HD ready.

Can't decide,help

Atleast i have decided will go with 42 inches only.

Terribly confused!
Choices- Panasonic S10 or G10 or Samsung c550 if i go with Full HD.
Samsung b450 or newly launched C450 if i go with HD ready.

Can't decide,help

Atleast i have decided will go with 42 inches only.

Don't even think about going with Panasonic Plasmas. I think you know the reason why, most of us do. Based on the criterias you have given, I'd recommend you to go for Samsung 40C550 LCD (there's no 42", either 40" or 47"). It's predecessor (B550 series) received 8.9/10 from CNET Asia. They rated it 'incredible', and that's something which they only give to the rarest of the rare.

But overall from my viewpoint, go for the 50C550 Samsung Plasma (Samsung C550 series consist of both LCD and Plasma). And the simple reason is that you'll be paying much less for it than you'd pay for a 46" LCD (let alone a 52" LCD). Plasmas are way ahead of LCDs in terms of color accuracy, there's a huge difference. Add to that Plasmas don't have problems with fast motion sequences, something LCDs have always had problems with irrespective of whether they have 100hz/200hz or not. Plasmas negative points are that it consumes much more electricity than LCDs and they slightly suffer from image burn in problems, although newer Plasmas are much better regarding this problem.

Last edited:
Nope,i am not aware of the reason.
What is it as panasonic plasmas are rated very high world over.

I also have no clue about this reason.
Am considering a 42" Panasonic Plasma so please tell me why Panasonic Plasmas are not good...

I also have no clue about this reason.
Am considering a 42" Panasonic Plasma so please tell me why Panasonic Plasmas are not good...

2009 panasonic plasmas shread black levels in the first one year..
This is acknowledged by panasonic and they said it is by design and nothing can be done about it.

Selecting the panasonic plasma, you risk the very reason you go for plasmas itself - Black level degradation.

Back