Want to buy a soldering station and digital multi meter

john_k_antony

Dear All,

Can any one please suggest a good electronics store in Bangalore where I can get a soldering station and digital multi-meter?

Are there any dealers for Weller soldering stations in Bangalore?

-John.

Any reason you are specifically looking for a soldering station? A good quality iron like Soldron can get the job done as well as a Weller, albeit without the advantage of a temperature control.

I'm a duffer at electrical soldering (but can do red-hot jewellery gold/silver soldering!) but I've heard being able to regulate temperature is good. Also having a stand is a safety feature --- I always seem to end up burning something, even if it's only me! One takes more care with a hot-hot-hot butane-torch flame, because it's so obviously dangerous.

I have an electrical soldering iron just for once-in-a-while use. Maybe once or twice a year. If you are going to use regularly, you might as well invest right at the start, and not waste money on something you'll want to upgrade from.

Most of the Indian soldering irons are not isolated and leak current. If you are planning on soldering any ICs etc., you have to go for a good soldering iron preferably with a step down transformer. If you are going to solder passive components then an Indian made soldering is a practical solution.

You should be able to pick up a general purpose multimeter for about Rs.1,000 to Rs.1,500 in any electronic shop.

For general purpose cheap soldering try soldron. Better soldering stations are available from weller and Hakko.

For multimeters I have a digital one with LCR meter for 2500 from mastech. Good ones from fluke are very costly.

It depends what you want to measure. I bought a fairly cheap one (Sale-price too) in Maplins in UK about four years ago. I can test batteries, measure voltages on the mains, check continuity, get a good idea (with the clamp) of the current flowing on a mains cable. In other words, it does all that I understand (and a bit more!), and does it accurately enough for me. I do not need to measure values of components or calibrate electronic circuits in any way: that would be sticking the probes into stuff that I do not understand (I did that, about twenty years ago, with a TV --- and blew up the meter! :O ).

If you are going to do real electronics, then better buy something better.

Good economic rule: it is always cheaper to buy once than to buy twice.

For multimeters :

Welcome to RS Online

Soldring equipments:

Tools and Tool Storage - Welcome to RS Online

I used to purchase electronics components from this site.

My bad ....... Later I noticed all the tools listed here are ridiculously priced.

I think Soldron products are good in quality and priced decently.

http://www.soldron.com/products/soldering-stations.asp

Another site for these items at cheap price.

http://probots.co.in/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=14&zenid=79418fc7245ab4dc5005da5aedcc4125

Last edited:
Hey! ..

We sell soldering Irons and Multimeters as well.

Indian ones - Soldron - Toni - etc are available from around Rs.100 onwards.

Imported ones are there in the lower range - Dayton make - at 20 to 50watts, priced around 200 to 400 rs.

Another uk based brand "kennedy" is also available with us against order.

They come in 15, 25, 40 and 70W ranges - Ranging from 2000 to 3000rs.

Finally we can also procure Hakko make soldering irons. Pricing would begin at around 7 to 8 k and go wayyyy up!! ..

Multimeters, again are a different story. Mastech / Vartech ranges begin at 250-300rs and go upto 4000 to 5000 rs. Its entirely based on what specs you would like.

We also sell "edison" uk based products, and and their range starts at 1k upto about 12-15k.

Fluke is against order, based on the model required.

@Mod's... i dont know if this is classified as "advertising" .. so if i am, then please remove the post.. and register a 1000 apologies from me. :)

PM me and we can work out something

Cheers!
Haren

If you are from Bangalore, try HTC (local). They manufacture in Bangalore and you can go to them personally if any issues.

the tried and tested and low cost combo .

1 : soldron 120/-
normal soldering
2. MAx gold smd repair station .
desi regulated SMD station 300/-
only for SMD chips in dac etc kits , u dont need it all the time as
the kit makers solder smd parts and give most of the time
3.DMM -mastech 300/-

probots.co.in is fraud. I have lost money there and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The guy who manages it never picks up the phone, nor replies to emails. Worst of all, payment has to be done by online bank transfer. So there's no way to recover your money. Stay away!

Thanks for the information. I have never purchased anything from this site but one of my friends has purchased few components from this site.

I have Mastech digital Multimeter (almost new) and Soldering Iron (25 watt) and Soldering Paste and Solder Wire and DeSolder Wik. I want to sell them all for Rs. 400. Are you interested?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back