Want to buy home cinema projector

stetho83

Hi Friend ,
I own a 65 inch TV (LeTV). It's almost 4 year old and now one line has come up in screen . By the time it increase i want to finalize few alternate options.

Option 1 : Buy a 65 inch LED TV from brands such as Sony , samsung , LG or panasonic . It will come under 1.5 lac.

Option 2 : Buy a Vu 65 inch LED TV ,approx 55 k.
Get a full HD projector with 1 lac.

I am more inclined towards option B , as TV can viewed
anytime without bothering about ambient light and Projector can be used when I want to go full 120" screen.

Need your help is choosing projector for my requirements.
1. I have read that Full HD projector are good enough as we have very less 4K content.
2. As of now Benq 1050 seems decent enough but if you can suggest something better that will be great.
3. For projector my budget is 1 lac but can go upto 1.5 Lac if there are really good options with noticable difference in picture quality.

I'd suggest epson tw5650. BenQ projectors have rainbow effect, which may or may not bother you. Well within your budget. Lamp replacement cost is very less. Bright and beautiful color.

Any projector or TV that you buy now should be 4k capable as you are looking at an atleast 5 year horizon of use. For media availability, you should be willing to spend for Netflix 4k as thats the source for most 4K content in the legal world.

While full 4k projectors are very expensive, the pseudo ones are reasonable and will still give you much better viewing over FHD if the content is 4k.

thanks dream_designer, i had the same question and many people have referred to the same model, UHD50. Has anyone recently bought one and what is the best price of it. (in bangalore)

Last edited:
thanks dream_designer, i had the same question and many people have referred to the same model, UHD50. Has anyone recently bought one and what is the best price of it. (in bangalore)
I don't know about pricing but unless you are not looking to watch 3d movies UHD50 is good, I am using it from last 6 months with no complaints so far. for 3d movies UHD60 is better

Hi Friend ,
I own a 65 inch TV (LeTV). It's almost 4 year old and now one line has come up in screen . By the time it increase i want to finalize few alternate options.

Option 1 : Buy a 65 inch LED TV from brands such as Sony , samsung , LG or panasonic . It will come under 1.5 lac.

Option 2 : Buy a Vu 65 inch LED TV ,approx 55 k.
Get a full HD projector with 1 lac.

I am more inclined towards option B , as TV can viewed
anytime without bothering about ambient light and Projector can be used when I want to go full 120" screen.

Need your help is choosing projector for my requirements.
1. I have read that Full HD projector are good enough as we have very less 4K content.
2. As of now Benq 1050 seems decent enough but if you can suggest something better that will be great.
3. For projector my budget is 1 lac but can go upto 1.5 Lac if there are really good options with noticable difference in picture quality.
There is a Sony projector on sale on the forum . You may consider that.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back