want to buy Samsung LED 40'' TV in 50-60K range. suggestions please

ka_rajesh05

Hi,

i am planning to buy a samsung LED TV of 40'' size.
my budget is 50-60k

i investigated the following 5 series models -

UA40D5000PRMXL
UA40D5500RR
UA40D5900VR

i didnt like 5003BR very much so thats kind of out of option..

i needed opinions on the models listed above.

i saw these models in the samsung showroom and kind of noticed the
in the picture display the "white" color (say a white picture backgroud) has this blue-tinge to it .. my friend has Samsung LCD C650 series and i dont see that on his TV.

is there any inherent problem with the LED tv ? or is this how things should have been ?

Also, i am not particular about the "SMART APPS" as well, its ok if the tv doesnt have it...

are there any difference in the picture quality of these tvs ? the tech-specs looks the same when it comes to picture quality.

please suggest .. highly appreciate any of your inputs ..

thanks.

D5900 is better than whole lot of your choice and is highest end of Series 5 LED from Samsung.It stands feet to feet with Ex520.....well i certainly felt that way.

If you wanna demo then do compare respective models of each brand with their competitors.
Compare like this >>

Sony ex520 vs Samsung D5900
Sony ex420 vs Samsung D5500
Sony ex410 vs Samsung D5000

Do not compare Ex520 with D5000....that's wrong way of comparing LED's as one is higher end model other being lower.

I got both Sony ex520 & Samsung D5500 ,both are fabulous ....

Sony scores over Standard Def PQ but have poor SQ.
Samsung scores over High Def PQ and has good SQ.
Colors in Sony tends more natural than Samsung D5500 but when same content is played on both sets at same time...Samsung score's over Sony with some slight calibrations of settings.
Sony's default settings are near perfect....Samsung settings need to be set correctly for betterment and it depends on room ambience.
Sony tends to suffer from judders and blurs while fast moving scenes happens due to lower motion rate but Samsung has no problems regarding juddering or blurs.
Sony can't detect my NTFS formated HDD or .Mkv files....hell it doesn't even read some .Avi files.Samsung plays bloody every thing that i throw at it.

Both suffer from slight backlight bleeding, which is always present in LED's anyways.Samsung has a bit more in top extreme corners when picture mode is full darkest along with dark room but not so worrying as it is barely seen while watching other than if you tend to be paranoid about everything in your LED.Sony has less bleeding.

If you really want to feel the LED TV then go for Samsung D6000 ...its best i have seen among affordable LED TV's ( i own D6400 so you can take my view if you want too....)

But do check out each model along with appropriate comparision.
Don't fall for high motion rate.....published by companies....LED's can't go higher then 120Hz as pure motion refresh rate of LCD's.What companies publish about motion rate is " Refresh rate of EDGE lights " but yes higher EDGE motion rate do make PQ better.

EX520 -50Hz
D5500 -100Hz
D6000 -200Hz
D6400 -400Hz

Hope this helps you !

Dear friend

This was a good suggestion. But let me know what is the cost of D6000 as my range is not more than 60k
Whether i should go for d5500 or some other.

D5900 is better than whole lot of your choice and is highest end of Series 5 LED from Samsung.It stands feet to feet with Ex520.....well i certainly felt that way.

If you wanna demo then do compare respective models of each brand with their competitors.
Compare like this >>

Do not compare Ex520 with D5000....that's wrong way of comparing LED's as one is higher end model other being lower.

Colors in Sony tends more natural than Samsung D5500 but when same content is played on both sets at same time...Samsung score's over Sony with some slight calibrations of settings.
Sony's default settings are near perfect....Samsung settings need to be set correctly for betterment and it depends on room ambience.
Sony tends to suffer from judders and blurs while fast moving scenes happens due to lower motion rate but Samsung has no problems regarding juddering or blurs.
Sony can't detect my NTFS formated HDD or .Mkv files....hell it doesn't even read some .Avi files.Samsung plays bloody every thing that i throw at it.

Both suffer from slight backlight bleeding, which is always present in LED's anyways.Samsung has a bit more in top extreme corners when picture mode is full darkest along with dark room but not so worrying as it is barely seen while watching other than if you tend to be paranoid about everything in your LED.Sony has less bleeding.

If you really want to feel the LED TV then go for Samsung D6000 ...its best i have seen among affordable LED TV's ( i own D6400 so you can take my view if you want too....)

Don't fall for high motion rate.....published by companies....LED's can't go higher then 120Hz as pure motion refresh rate of LCD's.What companies publish about motion rate is " Refresh rate of EDGE lights " but yes higher EDGE motion rate do make PQ better.

EX520 -50Hz
D5500 -100Hz
D6000 -200Hz
D6400 -400Hz

Hope this helps you !

Check retail online sites like Flipkart or Letsbuy.com for rates of D6000.
It should be around 68 - 70 K Rs.

I will put order of series5 LED as
5900>5500>5000>5003

Choose as per your preferences.

Does the order "5900>5500>5000>5003" goes for the PQ and the SQ as well.
Left alone the internet features, talking only about the PQ and the SQ, is there a good amount of difference in between these models?

Does the order "5900>5500>5000>5003" goes for the PQ and the SQ as well.
Left alone the internet features, talking only about the PQ and the SQ, is there a good amount of difference in between these models?

Yes and Yes in order of sequence.

Difference will be observed if you demo all the four models together with same media playing.

For daily basis requirement with basic operations - D5500, should be preferred.

Though both are good quality sets, D5900 is higher end of Series 5 while 5003 is lowest.

Compare like this >>

EX520 -50Hz
D5500 -100Hz
D6000 -200Hz
D6400 -400Hz

Hope this helps you !

wow .. this is a comprehensive input ... thanks a lot .. this is really helpful ..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back