• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Wanted Subwoofer

Rega

ajithlal

I am looking for decent Active Sub woofer at reasonable price to attach my Yamaha AVR RX-V661 with wharfedale speakers.

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

efernand1

Hi

Lots of subs out there.....depends on your budget....requirement....movies or music or both etc.....

Brands to audition and decide.....SVS. Sunfire, BIC America, Definitive Technology, Boston Acoustics, JBL, Rhythm, Jamo, Wharfedale etc.

Also need to consider PORTED vs SEALED subs.......

Most music songs deliver 50hz till 35hz bass.....some songs go as low as 30hz.....if for movies, the more closer u get to 20hz..it is bliss....

Bottom line....which model of wharfedale speakerd you have and what lowest frequency can they produce? Go for a sub which can deliver atleast 20hz to 10hz lower bass than what the speakers can produce then it will make sense...else no point going for a sub...

ajithlal

Thanks efranand1 for response..Mine is Wharfedale 9.6 floor standers. If I remember right they would go as low as 28 Hz. I am looking for used one.
because of budget constrains.I cant go beyond 15 K
I am not aware of advantage of ported over sealed. What I want is tight solid bass even at low volume. I had one earlier sounding muddy (Definitive technology).

Ajithlal

sriram_shol

For your price range still within you have the scope to go for new subs.

Some of them within your budget say,

YAMAHA YST-SW030 - Rs 13,900/-
JBL Arena SUB 100P - 18,000/-
Taga Harmony In-Move - 17,000/-

You should keep one thing in mind. The low budget subwoofers may not give you the punch to match with your FS.

ajithlal

[]You should keep one thing in mind. The low budget subwoofers may not give you the punch to match with your FS.]
That is why I am behind some used items

insane79

I am planning to sell my Taga Harmony SW10. Want to upgrade my sub, send me a pm if interested.

Cheers.

Naturelover

Staff member