Warfdale Diamond 10.6 + Denon AVR 1612 VS Bose Cinemate GS II

ndp13

Hi,

Can anybody help me in choosing between these two systems?
I am ok with the price difference.

I am totally confused which one should I purchase.
1) Warfdale Diamond 10.6 Speakers + Denon AVR 1612 Amplifier

OR

2) Bose Cinemate GS II 2.1 Channel.

Wharfedale 10.6 with Denon 1612, I would buy it with my eyes and Ears shut.
You just cant compare it to Bose.

You are talking about a pair of Full blown tower speakers which weigh in together close to 30 kgs which have a silk dome tweeter, Kevlar woofers, excellent curved cabinet with adequate bracing
Which will definitely knock u off your socks

Bose GS II on the other hand have 2 tiny satellites which weigh in less hand 1/2 a kilo with probably a tiny magnet and cheap paper cones. and a sub which plays right up to probably 300hz or more. Bose Does not understand the concept of Bass localization, Imaging etc.
However they do understand how to make millions of dollars using marketing gimmickry
Bose never mentions its FQ respinse or any other specifications. Ever wondered why the secrecy ?

Try auditioning the Bose with other speakers side by side. And you will never find a single AV retailer who stocks Bose.
Simple . Bose does not want you to directly compare their products with competitors... THey are too damn scared that tht even an untrained ear will immediately spot the difference between a substandard piece of equipment that is way over priced AND equipment which gives you what u pay for.

BOSE acronym = Buy Other Sound Equipment :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Anyway enough of Bose Bashing .....

Listen to both and see which sounds better to you. At the end of the day it is your wallet and your ears .

Last edited:
Wharfedale and denon wins hands down never the less please audition and let your ears decide. And how much is the price difference?

no bose here buddy, no one will recommend :)

on a serious note, I too was "kinda" bose fan before trying out the speakers suggested in these forums and to tell you BOSE is not at all worth the money, moreover Bose will let you hook the satellite speaker through their sub on which audyssey auto calibration (which is one of the gr8 feature on denon 1612 which I also own) WONT work which is horrible.

simple answer get the wharf anyday, u wont regret

enjoy !!

There are No Bose takers on this forum and its a genuine suggestion.. Stay away from Bose. But coming to the Wharf and Denon 1612 combo,, I guess Denon 1612 would not be powerful enough to drive the Wharfedale 10.6 efficiently.. It might be good for movies but not suggested for music. Denon 191x is minimum for towers

the wharf specs says :

Suitable Amplifier Power 20 - 150 w
Nominal Impedance 6 ?
Sensitivity (1W @ 1M) 88 dB

which is absulutely as par with what 1612 has to offer and for a 6 ohm even more...

ppl often get carried away by WATT of AVR but thats not entirely right, if the OHM is between 6 to 8 and 88 db and above sensitivity, 1612 like AVRs are more than sufficient to break glasses at home

here is what I got after a lot of study at avsforums

The higher the db sensitivity the better.
88db sensitivity means the speaker can put out 88db at 1 meter with only 1 watt of power.

make sure the ohm is between 6 to 8 and not less else any AVR will become hot

dont go by the mare size of the fllor standers check the specs of the speakers inside the wood :)

I would also like to add that even the bigger WHARFEDALE JADE 7 SPEAKERS with specs:

Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1M) 88dB
Nominal Impedance 6?
Recommended amplifier power 50 - 250W

can be driven by 1612...

Thank you each one of you. All you experts have given me valuable feedback and helped me choosing the right combination I want. No Bose for me as well. The price difference here is about INR 15,000. But i guess it is worth all the difference.

Thanks again everyone!!

Cheers!!

Back