WDTV Live - No HDMI

yahoo0212

Today while watching some movie,, the current went off and the WDTV Live and TV switched to Inverter power supply.. But after the WDTV Restarted,, there s no output from the HDMI output,,. I tried using the AV (Analog out) and there is output on the TV...

Went to Settings ->Audio Video-> it shows Composite (PAL)...
Changed it to HDMI -> Auto
Switched to HDMI on TV...Still no output,,, Selected Analog Input..and there is display...
Again went to settings but there it shows Composite (PAL)... again....

Its not able to set HDMI as default Video out.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

1.Tried resetting... Didn't solve the issue
2.Upgraded to the latest firmware... Still nothing
3.Upgraded to even WDLXTV Custom firmware.. Still nothing

Wat should I do.. :sad: please help. !!

The Video from WD s alive again... after some browsing on the net ... realised that Component cables can play upto 1080i (i but not p)...Just experimented using the Component cable for Video and AV out for Audio... And guess what... The display s back to fine HD quality..!! with subtitle support too... Well the only disadvantage being no 5.1 audio out... well till now I was not using the 5.1 audio out as WD was not connected to my 2 Channel setup only,, not my AVR (Yet to arrive)..

So I guess I can use it for some more time or may be connect to a secondary TV to watch movies or serials .. but YES ! just the 2 channel stereo sound with HD quality video ...

Back