Went to buy a Blu-ray player but No EMI

santhukp

I went to buy a Blueray player But No option For EMI(Credit card).Checked in Chroma,Reliance Digital and Sony world.but HDFC Credit cards says all are giving EMI Facility........................

Is there any other shops which provides EMI ?:indifferent14:

I doubt that shops provide EMI facility on small values. Your HDFC card is giving you EMI facility, i.e., you can pay your HDFC card bill in EMIs. So my guess is that shop will charge the full amount to card but HDFC will allow you to pay via EMIs.

Check with HDFC on the offer. Credit card payment via EMI is a very expensive affair. Confirm whether the iterest rate is 0%.

Also the EMI offer may be in partnership with select outlets. So contact HDFC.

Hi Santhukp,

Give HDFC cards a call and confirm. You can buy the item and split it into EMIs on your card then. Check if HDFC has a certain minimum amount for availing of the EMI facility.

Else you can always do a balance transfer if you have two cards. Buy the item the day or day after your bill is generated so you get maximum amount of days to pay, then before the due date, transfer the balance to another card. Generally they charge a nominal amount for balance transfer and 5% of the outstanding amount for first two months and the rest in the third month. So you effectively get about 1 month on your first card and 3 months on the card to which you have transferred the balance, total of 4 months to pay the amount back ;)

regards

I went to buy a Blueray player But No option For EMI(Credit card).Checked in Chroma,Reliance Digital and Sony world.but HDFC Credit cards says all are giving EMI Facility........................

Is there any other shops which provides EMI ?:indifferent14:

Hmm let me see .. you went to purchase a BluRay player but was unhappy because there was no Electro Magnetic Interference? Man .. people die to get rid of EMI and you are disappointed??!! What about RF? :rolleyes:

:):):)

Hi,
HSBC offers zero percent EMI for 3 months and nominal percentage beyond that. I suppose even .99% EMI for more than 12 months or so. This is applicable for balance transfer from any card.
So as suggested by other folks, the shop will charge you full amount, but HDFC, HSBC, (Citi) cards are provided with EMI option. check with them before you swipe the card.

Dear op
Besides all thats been written n said;
Beats me why you need a blu-ray player at all. Unless, u are member of a swanky bluray library or have dough to throw to the wind or if u are a ps3 gamer. The fact that you are lookin for emi options indicates that guys like u n me are pretty much in the same boat. So do let me know why u want to spend so much for a dying/ailing format.

hmmm Good Question Why u need Blueray?

Answer : I dont have DVD player and these days BD are coming with less than Rs 10000. and another reason .... Wife is away from home and its good time to buy:lol:

Now i have taken back my decision to buy and will wait for one more year.

So do let me know why u want to spend so much for a dying/ailing format.

This is the second time I have seen you mention that Blu-Ray is an ailing/dying format. Do you have some insider information that we do not have access to?

Cheers

Last edited:
Dear op
Beats me why you need a blu-ray player at all. Unless, u are member of a swanky bluray library or have dough to throw to the wind or if u are a ps3 gamer. The fact that you are lookin for emi options indicates that guys like u n me are pretty much in the same boat. So do let me know why u want to spend so much for a dying/ailing format.

Do you own an xbox? In any xbox forum you can observe most of them say blu-ray is dying format...This may change if ever Microsoft bundle blu-ray with their console.

This being an Audio/Video forum, I think we ought to use the correct terminology ofr things. Someone please correct the thread title, it is 'blu-ray' and not 'blueray'.

I thought the OP was actually hoping to transform all his videos into adult format during playback... Hence the desperate search for a "blue-ray" player :licklips:

--G

Dear op

Oh my GOD !! Blu Ray is dying.........:sad:
From where did you get such news........??

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back