Western Digital My Book Essential 1TB?Rs 4.6k ..try

I will never buy HDD till it reaches the 3K+++, used to to get it for the price year back and very hesitant to pay this much..

The big question is when will the HDD prices come to normal ?? Any idea...

timtara :rolleyes:, better check with some buying experience before jumping on to this. The site name is funny.:D

Heard of some issues with TImtara's Deliver/customer response.. some where.. so be cautious guys!!!

FYI: Hard drive prices to remain above pre-flood levels until 2014
By Shawn Knight
A new report from IHS iSuppli says that mechanical hard drive prices are not expected to return to pre-flood pricing until 2014 despite a rapid recovery process that is in full swing.

Courtesy- Techspot

Last edited:
sad part is there no COD !

yes do check reviews ..

i had bad exp even with popular sites like letsbuy . Most indian sites you cant rely , money is safe buy they play with delivery schedule

There is a game always either u waste time or money , 1TB@3K .. will be a long jrney

I have 8 TB of external hard disk of 1TB & 2TB which were purchased time to time... + 2TB of 4 No's internal.........So time to recycle it...

There is a deal of the day on Tradus.in for WD 1 TB Elements for Rs. 5600.
This is USB powered.

Code To Get Discount : DD120628
Saw this- but anyone has experience with this site? Hope they are reliable. Looks like prices of 1TB will not come down below $80 at the most, and with $ rate showing no sign of slowing, we are bound to pay more :(

I will never buy HDD till it reaches the 3K+++, used to to get it for the price year back and very hesitant to pay this much..
Keep waiting for atleast an year or more.
The big question is when will the HDD prices come to normal ?? Any idea...
Heard it will take atleast an year or more.

Even I was delaying my purchase of External HDD for over 6 months then finally bought it. So no point delaying further.

Maybe a question from an ignorant soul- why do people feel prices will come down? I mean is there any other reason than expecting $ to fall? Some folks quote "Thailand floods effect" but that is a year ago and now production is normalized for months!

Maybe a question from an ignorant soul- why do people feel prices will come down? I mean is there any other reason than expecting $ to fall? Some folks quote "Thailand floods effect" but that is a year ago and now production is normalized for months!

Mate, a 2TB HDD cannot cost 7k(3.2k) just because of $ rise ....the $ has not gone from Rs. 50 to Rs 100. Supply definately has been impacted by floods and it is expected to normalise by late FY13 or early FY14.....

Best time to buy memory as they are at an all time low.....from hereon prices are only going to go upwards (without factoring in the impact due to change in $)

Timtara - Beware, as these offer is running since quite a time now. My friends brother had a hard time getting his money back for the Air Conditioning unit which was never delivered. It took him 2 months to get his money back and in the process he had contacted whoever he could get his hands on. You've been warned, i'll suggest COD if you still want to go ahead.

once again.. I 'd like to remind all those who think this is just because the hike in $$ Value... I had posted a link earlier.. HDD manufacturer Seagate/WD has decided that the prices need not fall mainly because they want to clear the loss of the company because of the floods in Nov/last year... though they made a profit and their sales have been on an all time high!!!

here are some statistics which I think are not randomized

Shipments rose by 18 percent to 145 million in the first quarter and by 10 percent to 159 million in the second quarter.

In the third quarter, shipments are expected to rise by another 10 percent to 176 million. This will mark the first time in 2012 that shipments will exceed their 2011 quarterly levels, up from 173 million in the third quarter of 2011.

Mate, a 2TB HDD cannot cost 7k(3.2k) just because of $ rise ....the $ has not gone from Rs. 50 to Rs 100. Supply definately has been impacted by floods and it is expected to normalise by late FY13 or early FY14.....

Best time to buy memory as they are at an all time low.....from hereon prices are only going to go upwards (without factoring in the impact due to change in $)

Please exclude your self of the bhola janata who still believes flood thingy , it was pure scam..

wd and others made a huge fotune

This scam is only because there are two companies (WD and Seagate) regulating the HDD market and its a duopoly created by them.....

Getting 1tb Seagate go flex 2.5" USB3.0 for 6.2k in local market, so makes sense to buy it locally.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back