Wharfedale 220 or 210 - Which one to buy

kvandhi

I am looking for suggestions to setup stereo for small room.

small bedroom size = 10X12 feet
Placement of the speakers = both corners
Listening distance = 8 feet from speakers.

Speakers :
Wharfedale Diamond 220 or 210 . Not sure which one to choose for this room size.

Planning to go with Either one of the below amplifier :

Marantz 5005 ( 2x 40W / 8ohms)

Taga HTA-25B hybrid tube amp (2 x 18W RMS / 8ohm ,2 x 25W RMS / 4ohm Class A/B)

Please feel free to suggest additional amplifiers to be consider for WD 220/210.

Speakers :
Wharfedale Diamond 220 or 210 . Not sure which one to choose for this room size.

Please feel free to suggest additional amplifiers to be consider for WD 220/210.

Speakers :

Make sure that Taga does not have ICs in their analog section, also some dealers have said to me that Taga is sensitive to Indian power supply conditions.
I will always suggest Norge 1000 instead of Marantz PM5005. Lesser price, but better audio quality and more reserve power, and etc., etc. Compared to Norge 2060, the PM5005 may/ or may not be better.

WD 220 as it has downfiring vent enables you get it closer to the back wall comparing to 210 which is rear ported. I would suggest that you go for real good stands (DIY or Branded) to the get most value out of the setup.

Go with 220. You would not regret in the bass department which is much needed as you go by.
All the best for your purchase

220 without a shred of doubt. Stands play a critical role with stand mounters. You can easily make a rock sold stand under 3/4 k with either PVC pipes or metal if you can find a fabricator. There are many guides available...just Google for DIY stands.

220 without a shred of doubt. Stands play a critical role with stand mounters. You can easily make a rock sold stand under 3/4 k with either PVC pipes or metal if you can find a fabricator. There are many guides available...just Google for DIY stands.
Because of kids, i am thinking of not placing in stands.
So I need to place corner of the wall using Wooden shelf or any TV stands .

Because of kids, i am thinking of not placing in stands.
So I need to place corner of the wall using Wooden shelf or any TV stands .
In that case use some isolators. Minimum 3 in triangle format.or 4 -in all corners

Hi

Depending on your budget....go for the speakers which have high sensitivity 88db and above...the more the better for the amp to handle....

Since these would be wall mounted....look for speakers which has vents in the fronts.....explore other brands....Polks RTiA series....they are good....

Look at other amps which can minimum output at least 50 watts per channel at 8 ohms load...onkyo looks good too....

http://www.onkyoindia.com/integr_digi_amp-a9050.html

The difference look to be with the bass extension of speaker.. 220 hits slightly lower than 210.. You may not be able to differentiate the slightly lower bass of 220 over 210..

Don't look too much in detail.. Settle for the inexpensive one of the these models..

Stands may be additional cost (or) they might cost 1/2 the price of speakers.. So if cost is a concern, ditch the stands..

Pick a portable TV stand aval at Mercy electronics, Rs 1,000 for a pair.. Those stands can easily take weight up to 10Kgs.. They are also horizontally til-table & to an extent vertically.. So, easy to point towards your listening position..

I have used these portable TV stands when i was using Klipsch RP 160M bookshelf, a bit heavier BS too and i din't have any issues.. If you are concerned abt the vibration, use rubber dampers between the speaker & portable TV stand..

Here is an pic of it..

0PkIStg.jpg

Don't look too much in detail.. Settle for the inexpensive one of the these models..
Thanks Elango. WD 220 costs 18K and WD 210 costs 14250 as per Hifimart, So difference is 4K.

My concern is for smaller room size WD 220 may be bigger bass sound than 210.

It all depends on how much bass you would like to hear....Large speakers give good bass....there are also compact ones designed specifically to provide the same bass...these would be expensive....

End of the day...depending on what you listen to....that would dictate the type of system you need.....

This is something you can consider...it is decent for a bedroom.....the above suggested stands can be used to place the speakers....

https://www.denon.co.uk/uk/product/compactsystem/bluetoothsystem/dm41dab

This i think is available with some dealers or can be ordered online...check for the best price.....

Wharfedale 210 spec :
  • Sensitivity(2.83V @ 1m) 86dB
  • Recommended amplifier power 15-75W
  • Peak SPL 90dB
What is the meaning of Peak SPL ?

Ok, Then i can consider 210 . Even the size also compact for my room .

Better choice to settle for the smaller one w.r.t room..

Regarding Matching Amplifier for WD 210 , Can i consider either Marantz 5005 or Norge 2060 ?

Think Norge 2060 doesn't come with remote.. Marantz 5005 should come with remote.. If price difference isn't too much between the two, then Marantz 5005..

What is the meaning of Peak SPL ?

Maximum SPL that the speaker can produce (or) can sustain..

220 will be more fit for 2 channel setup. Good enough bass for small/medium rooms.
210 is having driver size of 4 inches and you may feel like upgrading this soon.
So my pick would be 220.

Is it better to order Norge 2060 amp directly from NORGEaudio instead of dealers in chennai for better price .

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back