Wharfedale Diam.9.5 vs Tannoy Merc. V4 vs Mordaunt Aviano 6

vivekkumar

Guys its those times when the more you see+hear the more difficult it gets to decide. :sad:
Please help me decide the FSs for use with Yamaha RXV 671 and JBL Es250 Pw. Room size 20 ft x 15 ft. Equally for music and movies ( samsung 46D6600 )

Everyone will have their own opinions. One should trust one's own ear after an audition. All the three are good brands but I will be inclined towards the MS-Aviano 6.

With my Tannoy F1,I feel fine details are missed(compared to paired with Onkyo).You need to have proper demo before you finalize.

For Yamaha both Wharfedale and Mordaunt Short s are good. MS AViano have better bass and good for vocals... while Wharfs 9.5 are warm sounding , vocals are not that prominent. Take an audition and make your call.. Wharfedale at Bass & Treble and Aviano at FX Entertainment-CR Park or MGF Mall Gurgaon.

would be interesting to know what you end up buying since all are very good speakers in their own way............but how each one of them sound with yamaha also needs to be seen.

would be interesting to know what you end up buying since all are very good speakers in their own way............but how each one of them sound with yamaha also needs to be seen.

Hey Aakashr,

Finally bought M. Short aviano 6 + 5 + 1. great sonic experience....still experimenting with ideal placement etc.

Hey Aakashr,

Finally bought M. Short aviano 6 + 5 + 1. great sonic experience....still experimenting with ideal placement etc.

congrats vivek, you cannot go wrong with these. I am a satisfied owner for more than a year, however in course of time you may think iof buying a powerful 2 channel amp like AZUR 650A for better music playback from the AViano 6. Very capable speakers.

Back