wharfedale Diamond 9.6 vs Polk Audio TSi400

venrad

This forum has been great insight to me. I happened to buy you first AVR (Yamaha RX667). I'm now looking for setting up the speaker system. I auditioned Polk Audio Tsi400 and wharfedale 9.6. As I'm a beginner I couldn't identify any difference. Needed some help, which of the two is better?.
My budget is less than 30K INR (for pair of tower).

Wats yr sound preference?? Yamaha pairs well with Wharfedale s...
Polk audio TSi series are more suited for movies but Wharfedales are good for both movies and music

Last edited:
Thank you for the response.My preference is 70% Movies and 30% Audio. I auditioned Polk and Wharfedale but unable to make a decision. The only difference I was able to see in the technical specs was Wharfedale 9.6 tower was 6 ohms but polk was 8 ohms. Not sure if that would have any impacts. Appreciate any guidance from the experts

Go for Wharfedale 9.5 .. or 9.6........... 6 ohms or 8ohms doesnt make much difference.. but still 6ohms will be able to power up more than 8ohms.. due to their "lower" resistance...
nywayz .. don go for d ohms figure... SoundQuality is more important.. decide which is well suited for yr ears...

Profx has some demo stocks of KEF IQ50, Polk RTI A5 and HTStore sells Paradigm 7s (35k). Give them a listen before you decide .

Guys, I've bought the Diamond 9.6 over the last weekend. Its sounds really great.. Thank you all for your guidance and help. it costed me Rs. 34000..

Guys, I've bought the Diamond 9.6 over the last weekend. Its sounds really great.. Thank you all for your guidance and help. it costed me Rs. 34000..

Congratulations Venrad on your purchase. The 9.6 are wonderful speakers however they do require a considerable time for burn in 100 - 200 hours before they open up completely.

Hi Venrad,

I am also looking to buy FS in same range...
Highlight some of the good/bad of wharfedales over good/bad of tsi400 :)
that you found during the auditions..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back