Wharfedale Diamond series 5.1 or Jamo s626 5.1

Muditsinghal

Hello guys....for my receiver onkyo nr626 i have shortlisted following two 5.1 setups. usage is 60% music 40% movies. viewing distance about 10 feet.

1) Jamo S626 home theatre system with J10 subwoofer.
2) Wharfedale Diamond 230, 220c, Diamond 10.dfs (surround), + 10" sub

i had almost finalised on jamo but then a friend recommended wharfedale. couple of people whom i spoke to post that have hinted that wharfedale is a "different level" than Jamo. what do you guys recommend? am quite a novice on this and more details one goes in specs more confusing it becomes. e.g kevlar cones, polypropylene cones etc.

do suggest which one should i go for. budget for the whole system is about 1.05 lacs.

thanks

Wharfedale is warm sounding and will do good for your usage of 60/40. It should also pair well with Onkyo. But you need to demo before taking the final call.

hey thanks guys for the feedback. will definitely listen to Dali Zensor. one of the hifi friends here has suggested Taga harmony as well. any feedbacks on that? frankly i haven't heard much about speaker brands so any feedback is good feedback for me!!
thanks in advance!

Hi

I have heard the Taga Harmony at What HiFi SHow 2016 in Mumbai yesterday and it was good.

All depends on your budget and most important what appeals to you. There are a lot of speakers out there and since you are 60% into music, you need to audition with your kind of music...so carry your music and demo the speakers in scope.

If your budget is fixed and still want to own something nice...you could look at the For Sale by owner section or HiFi Ads....there are some selling good speakers with warranty too....all the best

My vote would be for the Dali Zensor 7 or the Wharfedale. The Zensor 7 has higher sensitivity too which should make it easy to drive

I have heard jamo 626.
They are really good speakers and they give their most with integrated amp or a pre-power setup than avr.
Usually they are well paired with marantz. I had compared them for music with marantz avr sr5009 and emotiva usp1 preamp and marantz poweramp mm7025 setup.
In both setup jamo sounded different to me. They sounded more detailed with pre-poweramp setup. But appeared brighter in signature than in Nad 326bee integrated amp where they sounded so warm. My opinion would be that if you want to use it with an avr for listening to music, you audition it first and then decide. With an avr, speakers may give different signature for music listening experience than with any integrated amp. Better way is to audition, test it as to suit your hearing needs and then decide.
Also one imp point to consider for comparing jamos with warfs or Dali is that 626 having side firing woofers. So when bi-amped.. they produce heart thumping bass.

Another take would be Dali zensar7 to consider and compare.

Cheers...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back