Wharfedale dx1 hcp from UK.

arpit1311

Hi Gurus,

After following this forum I must say that I have gained a lot of knowledge about hi fi systems,various brands available and lots of other stuff and many thanks to all the gurus who help to resolve ppls queries.

I have a query on which I need your help.

My friend is coming from UK sometime at the end of november and am planning to get wharfedale dx1 hcp from there.

I just wanted to know is it a good idea to get it from UK.?
The warranty factors?
The import duties or anything else which I should keep in mind while getting it from UK.

Any options other than wharfedale dx1 hcp??

I was looking to do the same. Cost in uk works out to around 40K INR. A couple of thousand less as VAT refund. Duty free allowance is 25K so 36% duty is payable on 15K (40-25k) = 6K approx. Again assuming that the customs chap is in a good mood. So best case your system should cost 46K. Downside, no warranty. But I guess you can get them serviced or repaierd here from the auth dealers if need be.
All the best.

thanks clix..i think the duty free allowance has now been increased to 35K so I am expecting very negligible duty on my stuff.Although my frnd is gonna get a lot of other stuff so he will be paying a hefty amount ;)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back