Wharfedale Linton 2 speakers

wishihadtubes

Picked up Wharfedale Linton 2 vintage bookshelf speakers, in pretty good nick. The speakers are in excellent condition though the boxes have some scratches and dings. A carpenter will be coming by to give these and my Celestions a polish.
Very transparent sound on these Wharfedales, throw in a good recording and it's very obvious. Equally obvious when you throw in a badly recorded CD or compressed MP3s.

Attachments

• DSC03659.jpg
    DSC03659.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC03661.jpg
    DSC03661.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
wishihadtubes, looking nice, with lotsa vintage charm!
Please post with grill off if you can.
Also are they meant to be place horizontally?

Thanks kittu and iaudio
Will post pic with the grill off. And yes, i did some checking around and these speakers can be placed horizontally. In fact, the Wharfedale logo swivels (like the logo on the old PS3 fat version) for placement in vertical and horizontal position.
This website shows it in a horizontal position: Wharfedale Linton 2 on thevintageknob.org
Also I believe the Celestions too can be used horizontally.
Cheers

You have celestions as well!?!

post some pictures -quick!

they are supposed to be the guys who cracked it and then B&W and KEF improved on those designs to give master pieces like the B&W 800 series and the KEF 107's!

Congrats,

You seem to have a knack for picking up vintage stuffs. I too am on the hunt most of the time.

Cheers

lifewater

@pksnathan,
long story and you would have known if you read my introduction :). I'm one of two Indian journalists based in Pakistan. Islamabad has very few attractions but it does have a great flea market where stuff like this turns up all the time and at great prices. There's another pair of Wharfedales lying around in one of the shops but I have no plans to buy them. I already have too many vintage speakers!!

@pksnathan,
long story and you would have known if you read my introduction :). I'm one of two Indian journalists based in Pakistan. Islamabad has very few attractions but it does have a great flea market where stuff like this turns up all the time and at great prices. There's another pair of Wharfedales lying around in one of the shops but I have no plans to buy them. I already have too many vintage speakers!!

Hi,

Can you buy for me?

Regards,

Sachin

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back