Wharfedale Moviestar 65+ vs Polk Audio RM 6750

vishal996

Hey guys,

thanks to all those who gave inputs to my first post and based on those inputs i'm writing my second post....

After much deliberation i have shortlisted 2 candidates for my HT system

1) Denon 1610 with Wharfedale Moviestar 65+ (42.5K)
2) Denon 1610 with Polk Audio RM 6750 (45K)

Neither of the speakers are available for audition which is why i need ur expert advise based on which i will be placing my order...thanks!

Instead of Moviestar 65, settle for Moviestar 70+.

Better, bigger, more aesthetic speakers. More rugged too. In fact, they seem to be the biggest satellites around with fantastic music output and gr8 movie experience too.

70+ should cost you 30 k .... I paid 28 k in Delhi around 5 months back. Google Wharfdale Moviestar 70+ to check on its specs.

Instead of Moviestar 65, settle for Moviestar 70+.

Better, bigger, more aesthetic speakers. More rugged too. In fact, they seem to be the biggest satellites around with fantastic music output and gr8 movie experience too.

70+ should cost you 30 k .... I paid 28 k in Delhi around 5 months back. Google Wharfdale Moviestar 70+ to check on its specs.

Infact i have an offer for the Denon 1610 + Moviestar 70+ (used demo set) for 42.5K....however i have reservations about their looks.... (i am at the finishing stages of refubishing my room)... they look really ugly to me.... i'm gonna audition them tomorrow but donno if i choose them despite the sound....

So ultimately it might boil down to the moviestar65+ or rm6750....wat to u suggest in that case??

why not try Energy take classic 5.1 or Deftech pro cinema 600... (used) may be.

thanks for the suggestions....am now adding energy classic to my list as well... any idea how much it costs?

I'm not sure if procinema 600 will fit the budget but will keep a lookout for a used one just incase....

Check with Reliance Digital on energy classic...I saw one for 28k in hyd. Not sure in pune.

I have used Moviestar 65+. Deent for a small space.. I was using it in a room of size 11 X 9. I have upgraded now. Hence, these speakers are lying around.. will be putting a "for sale" next week (need to figure out where the boxes are:D over the weekend).

Hey guys,

thanks to all those who gave inputs to my first post and based on those inputs i'm writing my second post....

Neither of the speakers are available for audition which is why i need ur expert advise based on which i will be placing my order...thanks!

Hi, can you tell me where were you getting the above deals in Pune. I am looking for the same combo but getting it for 45k with Denon 1311 not 1610. I also demoed both the speakers and am leaning towards the Moviestar 65+.

Hi, can you tell me where were you getting the above deals in Pune. I am looking for the same combo but getting it for 45k with Denon 1311 not 1610. I also demoed both the speakers and am leaning towards the Moviestar 65+.
I've auditioned with POLK and they are quite good. Have u listened to both?

Hey guys,

Hi, I am also looking at the exact same requirement but not getting good pricing. where are you getting the prices? 1612 also is now out in the market and is priced the same or maybe even lower than the 1611.

I've auditioned with POLK and they are quite good. Have u listened to both?

listened to both, wharfedale 65+ sounded a lot better. maybe the demo was better, sometimes room acoustics, setup, calibration, etc all play a major role. Just curious to know how much better would the 70+ be over 65+.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back