Wharfedale or Polk Audio for Gaming?? Budget 40-45K

nightmare

Hey guys,

Wanted to buy speakers for my Pioneer Vsx-915. Want to have a 5.1 setup with a budget of 40K. Am really confused whether to go for the Polks or Wharfdales, as i have mentioned in the thread title, i'll be using it for 80% gaming and 20% movies. The budget can be extended if you guys can really convince me that it will be worth it ;)

I can't audition either of them, as i stay in Udupi/Manipal where we don't have any AV store, so i'll be totally relying on you guys.

Thanks in advance!! :)

PS: Room is app. (16*26), will be utilizing a square space out of it (16*16)

Also, looking for a FS+Surround+Center+Sub combination

Last edited:
^hey, i called up your store and got a quote for polks and wharfies.. spoke to Raj... still confused on which one to go for specifically for gaming...

Polk would be better over Whafes as in my Audition exp found them tight in Mid s and Bass...
Polk would make ur gaming experience more lively imho...
Make sure u protect ur gear against the monsoon power fluctuations lost my Desktop (Fried motherboard) to fluctuations :( wen i was there....

thanks for the advice madhu.. few months back a lightning strike somewhere nearby fried my Xbox, my samsung C450's motherboard( which was one week old) and the modem.. thankfully all of them were replaced... :)

^he he wish i could :rolleyes: but do you think the spending is justified for audio for Gaming purposes...?? I guess i would prefer to finish it off with the current budget :p

Even if you go for TSI series , I don't think you can get 5.1 setup including sub in that budget. 16*16 is decent size room so sub sat combo may not do justice .

@kittu: as i mentioned before, if it is really worth it (huge noticeable difference) i can extend my budget, but need you guys help to decide upon it... :)

@pranab... yup! just want to get peoples opinion here :) will surely get back to you after taking a final decision...

Get a Denon 1311 (or may be a cheaper receiver still) along with Jamo S406 ( 2 towers , 2 surrounds and a center) With Jamo Sub 200 (after auditioning). Budget increase .... total 5.1 is gonna be around 50-55K.

Just an opinion mate :)

Thanks

Mubaarkaaannnnnnnnn .... post pics as well after setup. I am just waiting for my sub to be finalised , will be doing the same ;-)

Congrats Nightmare.....Happy listening
would be in Manipal Next week(Exams):mad:.....letme know in case ur free lets meet over a cofee:lol:

Last edited:
Lovely. You'll just love the fronts. They just prove magical in movies and games. I wonder why didn't you opt for Polk sub ? Would have paired lot better. And good that you bought polk center channel. I haven't seen anything better that is so good with vocals.

Congrats.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back