Wharfedale Speaker for HT - need advice.

pinkfloyd

Hi,

I am setting up HT system (to be used for movies and music) and am looking at the following Wharfedale speakers:
- 10.1 front
- 10.cc center
- sw150 Sub

(old existing speakers for rear channel for now)

Is there something I should reconsider? Would Diamond 9s make more sense? Would floor standing ones (10.5 or 9.5) be better?

What would be the approx. price of the above in Delhi?

Thanks.

Hi,

I am setting up HT system (to be used for movies and music) and am looking at the following Wharfedale speakers:
- 10.1 front
- 10.cc center
- sw150 Sub

(old existing speakers for rear channel for now)

Is there something I should reconsider? Would Diamond 9s make more sense? Would floor standing ones (10.5 or 9.5) be better?

What would be the approx. price of the above in Delhi?

Thanks.

Whether you need FS or Bookshelves depends upon the size of the room that you have. For small to medium sized rooms, I feel that bookshelves should suffice, whereas for larger rooms, FS may be a better options. It also depends upon your tastes, whether you like 'bass' heavy stuff.

There are some who say that the previous generation of the diamonds (9 series) is better than the latest avatar (10 series). Have a listen to both and figure out what floats your boat. Not too much of a price difference between the two series.

For prices, you can check out the prices listed in HFV Mart. Will give you a rough idea.

Best,
APK

Many prefer wharf 9 over the new 10 series. I have heard the 10s and was not impressed with them. Hear both and then decide.

I prefer the 10 series over 9.
When you audition both the series, make sure that the 10 series speakers are placed away from walls. They are more difficult to place in a room due to the rear bass port but in my opinion they sound better than 9 when ideally placed.

Hifimart is good place to buy them from. They are very prompt in shipping the speakers.

Back