What a difference air conditioning makes!

• Thread starter Deleted member 15865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15865

I assume you used to have your fan on while listening to your system. The fan noise and the air will have a huge impact in the soundstage and that is why you are noticing a huge improvement

In summers, yes. But in winters I don’t keep fan on. The sound with AC trumps that too. Basically it’s to do with keeping out the ambient surroundings noise (kind of low hum).

Not to rain down on your parade and be a wet blanket, but don’t you think “musicians playing in front of you and some drum stroking”or whatever, is a bit much after installing just an ac? :D I mean yes it’s a hifi forum and yes we discuss and share av stuff but u really think all of a sudden you’re getting a concert because u installed a Mitsubishi ac? It’s a good brand, I have the same. Six of them. I shud be hearing music on mute.

I wrote what I sensed. And no, your comment wouldn’t impact my joy as it’s a result of my experience, not belief. But the sarcasm in your comment could have been avoided.

you have basically isolated your room from the sound going outside. Thats the difference you will hear even after shutting your windows.
Now cool your room & shut the AC off & you will hear even more improvement cause you eliminated the AC blower sound too ;-)

No discovery in this but good to see you are happy & enjoying your system now.
Hmm, I didn’t think of this (sound going outside) factor! That explains why I have to reduce the volume now - the knob has moved down from 9.30 am to 8.30. The AC blower on low speed is around 40 dB. Keeping AC off for longer period isn’t sustainable in this heat.

It’s a discovery for me - note that I didn’t go for the AC for acoustics, but to combat the heat - so the acoustic improvement was indeed a surprising discovery for me. I know most audiophiles here must be listening in an air conditioned room already. But this sharing may be useful for someone who is actively considering it.

I usually listen to music at night with no fans or the AC on and also in darkness. I might sweat but I love the feeling of music in such a very low noise room.

I’ve seen the effect of darkness. It seems the listening becomes more acute when other senses don’t receive stimuli. Not sure I’d be able to sweat and listen though. But I get the point of keeping the noise as low as possible, even reducing the AC sound. A reason to go for Mitsubishi was also that they are relatively quieter than most other brands.

I enjoy listening music naturally and intact like some ambient noise like sound of fan at full speed. There is no point suffering with the fan off when listening to music. Listening music should be a blessing and not painful imo.

Hari, I’ve enjoyed music from your fabulous system, both naturally (with fan) and otherwise (with AC). Also you like to listen at much higher volume than I do. At the low volumes I prefer, the other sounds impact more.

I have always found in winter,music sounds thicker and weighty.This must be due to simple physics.ln summer ,air become thinner due to heat and sound needs air to travel.May AC helping the same.

Interesting thought that - AC = cooler air = thicker/fuller sound. But would the treble float less in colder air for the same reason?

Last edited by a moderator:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back