What HDMI cable to get for PJ setups..

driverace

PJ folks, enthusiasts & pros,

What HDMI cables do you recommend for

1. Budget setups (PJ cost ~ 10-14K INR --------(< HD PJs)
2. Mid range setups (PJ cost ~ 20-50K INR) ----(720~800p setups)
3. High range setups (PJ cost ~ 60K+ INR) -----(1080p+, 3D, etc)

Particularly, for my need I am looking at a 10 mtr HDMI cable for Mid range setup as of now, with possibility of upgrade to high range setup in a year's time.

Appreciate your inputs,

Thanks,

Ace.

As long as you do not plan to upgrade to 4K projector or do not use a 4K source like UHD BluRay player, you can opt for HDMI 1.4 that supports 3D and 1080p and Eithernet from either amazon basics or bluerigger brand.

If you plan to use 4K projector along with a 4K source then buy HDMI 2.0 cable with 18Gbps spec from the same brands.

I would say, go for HDMI 2.0 as the cost difference is not huge.

Have been using Bluerigger HDMI cable from Amazon India, no issues and quite a VFM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes for a budget setup Bluerigger is very good. You could even try amazon basics cables.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

As long as you do not plan to upgrade to 4K projector or do not use a 4K source like UHD BluRay player, you can opt for HDMI 1.4 that supports 3D and 1080p and Eithernet from either amazon basics or bluerigger brand.

If you plan to use 4K projector along with a 4K source then buy HDMI 2.0 cable with 18Gbps spec from the same brands.

I would say, go for HDMI 2.0 as the cost difference is not huge.

Great!
If you don't mind, please share your current cable / link on Amazon :)

Have been using Bluerigger HDMI cable from Amazon India, no issues and quite a VFM
Bluerigger - what rating & what setup do you use it for?

Yes for a budget setup Bluerigger is very good. You could even try amazon basics cables.

Thanks, cable rating and your setup level, please.

------

Also,
if I am going to use Laptop,
and PJ for video (only),
and standalone 2.1 speakers for audio,

is VGA cable better option vs HDMI - to connect video signal from Laptop to PJ?

Thanks,

Ace.

Thanks, cable rating and your setup level, please.

------

Also,
and PJ for video (only),

I use the cables to connect a set top box, ps3, desktop as inputs to a receiver. Then a single hdmi cable to a hdmi splitter. From the splitter two hdmi cables as out put to TV and projector.

The best option to connect is hdmi as vga cable will not give you the required resolution.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Great!
If you don't mind, please share your current cable / link on Amazon :)

Here you go:
Amazon.in: Buy BlueRigger High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet - CL3 Rated for In-wall Installation - Supports 3D, 4K and Audio Return (35 Feet / 10.5 Meters) Online at Low Prices in India | BlueRigger Reviews & Ratings

Also,
and PJ for video (only),

You could still go for HDMI, as it is possible to send only video over HDMI and sound through other cable to speakers. And VGA cables will not give you HD resolution!

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back