What is IEC & JEITA

Hello,

When speaker's impedance increases, the power on Amps is reduced.
For example: Amp is supplying 100 watts @6 Ohms, when impedance is 8 Ohms power will be 80 watts.

Onkyo AVR TX-SR343 specs says that:
100 w/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel driven, IEC)
120 w/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel driven, JEITA)

Here I see the impedance remain same (6 Ohms) still Power increased.

What is IEC & JEITA.
Why JEITA draws more current or Power when impedance is same 6 Ohms?

Please reply. Please do not use so complicated terminology, difficult to understand for a beginner like me.

Thanks.

They are 2 diff standards for design, measurement and materials. Google them and read up, if interested.

If you want to put together a system, start auditioning.

Cheers,
Raghu

Last edited:
They are 2 diff standards for design, measurement and materials. Google them and read up, if interested.

If you want to put together a system, start auditioning.

Cheers,
Raghu

--------------------------------
Hello Mr. Raghu,

Thanks for your reply. I will surely read about these standards.

But how do we know that the speaker manufacturer has followed which standard (IEC or JEITA).
Say for instance; Yamaha NS-PA150 specs does not say anything about these standards.

How to know.

Thanks.

Both are different standards of measurement used in different countries. JEITA (Japan Electronic and Information Technology Association) and IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission).

They mean the same measurement for example, you could say 1 foot or 12 inches. Both are the same. Something like that but just different interpretations. :)

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back