What is the Best Budget 4k TV interms of picture quality around 45k?

StrangerMan

I am looking to buy new TV on the upcoming festival sale and have been looking online for the past few days, I got super confused looking for details about Mi,Vu,iFfalcon and others. Some calling out Mi tv for bad panel while some people praising the picture quality. There is this Techiebeez India Channel claiming VU as the best budget Tv including the after sale service. I am not concerned about the operating system Which one of the TV you guys think is better in terms of picture quality.

Hi,
I have been using VU 55" 4K TV since last 1 year. It has got good upscaling ability; even 720p or SD content looks good in it. The problem is that its viewing angle is not good & its not 10 bit HDR. I mostly watch 1080p movies on it & it fulfills my criteria.
This is my opinion. Let the other members put in their views too.

you should take a look at TCL too, its parent company to Iffalcon and third biggest TV Manufacturer in the world (or may be Second).

Hi,
I have been using VU 55" 4K TV since last 1 year. It has got good upscaling ability; even 720p or SD content looks good in it. The problem is that its viewing angle is not good & its not 10 bit HDR. I mostly watch 1080p movies on it & it fulfills my criteria.
thanks, if you don't mind me asking have you ever had to contact service in this time if so how was the service of VU?

i actually contacted VU for a service issue. My remote stopped working , logged a complaint via Whatsapp with VU. Next day engineer contacted and verified the remote model number etc.. Said it will take 3-4 days for the replacement remote to come. Bingo, came on the 4th day and replaced it. Pretty quick ( for a low value repair) - not sure how they will respond if a bigger part like panel has failure...

i actually contacted VU for a service issue. My remote stopped working , logged a complaint via Whatsapp with VU. Next day engineer contacted and verified the remote model number etc.. Said it will take 3-4 days for the replacement remote to come. Bingo, came on the 4th day and replaced it. Pretty quick ( for a low value repair) - not sure how they will respond if a bigger part like panel has failure...
that's pretty sweet and fast response from WA msg, nice thanks for sharing.

StrangerMan in my personal opinion presently there are 3 Televisions you can look into:

• Vu Premium Android TV (4X Upscaling, Dolby Vision support, Quad-core - Mali 450 GPU, Android 8.0, 450 nits )
  • TCL P8S 4K AI TV (No 5GHz Wi-Fi support, ARM Cortex-A55 - Mali 470 GPU, Android 9.0, 300 nit )
  • Panasonic FX650D (100 Hz refresh rate)
Panasonic I feel is superior therefore does not need any important specs to be mentioned.

StrangerMan in my personal opinion presently there are 3 Televisions you can look into:

• Vu Premium Android TV (4X Upscaling, Dolby Vision support, Quad-core - Mali 450 GPU, Android 8.0, 450 nits )
  • TCL P8S 4K AI TV (No 5GHz Wi-Fi support, ARM Cortex-A55 - Mali 470 GPU, Android 9.0, 300 nit )
  • Panasonic FX650D (100 Hz refresh rate)
Panasonic I feel is superior therefore does not need any important specs to be mentioned.
thanks man. panasonic budget little higher ,its among TCL and VU preimum i guess

i was almost made up my mind on picking up Vu premium android on BBD. Hope there are better deals on BBD .

Last edited:
Hi,

I concur with you the TV is good from straight on but other viewing angle its below par, I was watching it in my brothers home and even from an angle of few degrees (left/right) outside the TV border the display was too bright and colours boosted.

Hey Guys even I am in a jiffy for which TV to go for under 25K, I am already having

1) Iffalcon K31 UHD 43inches - This would be available at 18K, it has almost everything but many users are reporting screen bleeding issues, poor service support, low levels of brightness at just 250 nits.

2) Mi 4X UHD 43 inches(new) - This can be availed at about 23K, This is the one that was launched few days back, but seeing last years Mi TVs and their dull panels and just about 200 nits of brightness not feeling to go for it, as this time also they haven't mentioned anything about the Panel or the brightness.

3) Vu Premium Android - I guess this has the best display among all in budget segment with Dolby Vision, but it is missing some OTT platforms and running on an older version of Android, and further I read from some users that if we connect Firestick 4K to it, the quality of the content being streamed from Firestick is usually poor and doesn't support Dolby Vision/HDR etc as the TV itself is not able to upscale the content and thus quality looks bad even if its on 4k when compared to already installed apps on TV, if anyone has this setup please tell is there any issue like this

4) Lloya Clara UHD 43 inches - Surprised to see this brand here and that too at a price of 18K, this has best speakers among all at 30W, but it is using its own OS and doesn't have Hotstar/Prime so need to buy Firestick, but don't know about the Display Quality, there are not much reviews out for this, further it is 2018 model, if any one of you have experienced it please tell.

5) TCL UHD 43 inches - It is currently available 26990, don't know about its price, but the reviews for this are not much encouraging on Amazon.

Please help if you guys have any idea about these and which should I choose

Thanks to everyone for suggesting,i got VU premium from the sale. I love the display quality and i am so happy i went for this. I always thought the Vu upscaling tech was mostly gimmick and should be siomilar to others but when playing low res channels it helps alot since most channels in the south aren't upgraded to HD this is worty feature to have. Although there is some software issue and some lag/shuttering when streaming 4k. The display quality and the upscaling makes it worth for me.

Thanks to everyone for suggesting,i got VU premium from the sale. I love the display quality and i am so happy i went for this. I always thought the Vu upscaling tech was mostly gimmick and should be siomilar to others but when playing low res channels it helps alot since most channels in the south aren't upgraded to HD this is worty feature to have. Although there is some software issue and some lag/shuttering when streaming 4k. The display quality and the upscaling makes it worth for me.
Congratulations on the purchase..
I am also planning to buy the same tv. Its almost a month now since you bought. Any issues u face or want to highlight anything specific ??
Also, can you tell if there were pre loaded apps like Netflix, prime video ??

Thanks in Advance.

you should take a look at TCL too, its parent company to Iffalcon and third biggest TV Manufacturer in the world (or may be Second).
TCL in india is making display panel for Panasonic, sanyo, sharp etc.... it's OEM manufacturer with 3 year's warranty (Full) on TV, none is giving Full warranty.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back