What is the correct center channel speaker for Tannoy F4 Fusion?

Nagaraj S

Hello all,

I have a pair of Tannoy Mercury F4 floor standers, purchased back in 2007. I did not buy a corresponding center channel then, and would like to buy one now.

Unfortunately, the Tannoy dealer in Bangalore mentioned that both the Mercury and the Custom series that followed are no longer in production and have been phased out. The current series is the V series, but the dealer mentioned that the V series might have timbre matching problems with my F4 Fusion.

Could you please advise whether picking up the V center channel itself could be so bad, or whether are there any other centers that can match with my F4? The dealer also mentioned that the Mission center would be the correct fit for the F4s.

Is there anyone having a Tannoy center (mercury/fusion/custom) now, and could you share your experience as well?

The next best thing would be to go for a used one. And would you suggest a used Mercury, Fusion, or a Custom center? (And is there any difference at all between a Mercury, Fusion and a Custom center?)

Please advise.

And thanks much in advance for your help.

regards,
Nagaraj

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back