what is the use of USB Port in TATA Sky HD

virbhardwaj

Recently, I bought TATA Sky HD setup box and today i saw two USB Port in the back side of setup box. i inserted my USB Stick into with some video songs and mp3 songs but there is no response from setup box.

so i want to know the use of these of USB Ports?

No USB recording function in TS HD boxes, and no use of these ports for consumers till date, I use the front USB to charge my blackberry and IPhone !!!!

I Love Tapatalk on my IPhone

Perhaps the manufacturer they outsourced from had only that design. Ha, ha, ha. Or they didn't want to may extra to the manufacturer for usb capable device.

As far as I ve seen/heard and asked around.. Its mostly for manufacturers convenience and am sure its certainly not for USB extension of space/Storage etc... an what Lakshit said could very well be true :p. Knowing Indian companies & their decisions they might ve let it be once the design was adopted :/

Usually a USB port is provided on STBs so that you can record programs on an external USB drive ( Memory stick or HDD ).

However, note that content recorded on one box will playback ONLY on that same STB. You cannot replay the recorded content on another STB ( Copyright protected recording).

Can you please check out an revert if the TataSky STB will record ? You may have to pre-format the drive for FAT 32.

I have an airtel HD STB and have connected an HDD externally via the USB port. It automatically formats it.You can record/watch a single channel as we have a single cable(tuner) in non-DVR's. I have a universal remote so using the same for recording/playback though airtel is selling the recorder remote for 400 bucks. Same story for TataSky when service starts. In the case of Airtel i had to call them to activate the recording finction.
Pen Drives also work.Minimum size 8 GB

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back