What should I Buy ???

cobaltcold

Hi,

I'm novice at choosing the HiFi Audio video equipment.

I'm looking for a pair of Tower speakers, A powerful amplifier and a woofer (Optional) for enjoying both (Home) Audio and Video experience.

I would like to know a good brands and a combination of both amp's and tower speakers within a budget of Rs 25K-30K. Also, the dealers details for the same.

Regards,
Cobalt Cold.

hi cobalt
at that budget ditch the sub woofer and instead of towers look at a nice pair of bookshelves. perhaps the wharfedale diamonds 9.1 / 9.2. you could look at indian amps. not too familiar with them myself but norge is a start. other members should be able to help. for foreign amps you could look at cambridge / marantz / nad. do you already have a dvd player?

Hi cobaltcold,

My suggestion is a bit different than afj.

Since you like to watch movies as well, I suggest going for 2 towers now and adding a sub later. This way, you won't end up with lower quality components in your HT by spearding yourself thin. Remember if you go with bookshelves you still have to spend money on stands.

To make better suggestions on the brands, I need to know what types of music you listen to as that will be critical in your purchase decision.

Some popular brands are

Polk
Klipsch
Monitor Audio
Wharfedale
Bower & Wilkins

Once you let me know your music tastes, I can fine tune the models in these brands.

Hi,

I'm novice at choosing the HiFi Audio video equipment.

I'm looking for a pair of Tower speakers, A powerful amplifier and a woofer (Optional) for enjoying both (Home) Audio and Video experience.

I would like to know a good brands and a combination of both amp's and tower speakers within a budget of Rs 25K-30K. Also, the dealers details for the same.

Regards,
Cobalt Cold.

Hi Cobalt,
U wont get B&W new for 15/20 K and definately not the FS. Look for pre owned gear as its a more vfm option.

Venkat i have read a couple of times ur fondness for this old DM 303 SM. In fact u once mentioned u regret not owning them. May i suggest u buy a used DM 601 Series III. Last month a friend in Pune bought one of an old Parsi guy for 10K and its in superb condition. IMO this speaker beats the 303:) and am sure u too will find one as people are always upgrading. If u are interested i'll keep u in mind when 601,602,603 ever come up for sale. Actually i have a 601 pair with a Rotel integrated at my grand parents home and its a fair combo.

Rgds

Last edited:
Venkat i have read a couple of times ur fondness for this old DM 303 SM. In fact u once mentioned u regret not owning them. May i suggest u buy a used DM 601 Series III. Last month a friend in Pune bought one of an old Parsi guy for 10K and its in superb condition. IMO this speaker beats the 303:) and am sure u too will find one as people are always upgrading. If u are interested i'll keep u in mind when 601,602,603 ever come up for sale. Actually i have a 601 pair with a Rotel integrated at my grand parents home and its a fair combo. Rgds

Dinyaar, you did read right. I have a great liking for the 303. I have never heard the 600 series, but if you say they are good, I will agree. Please do let me know if you come across a good pair for sale.

Cheers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back