What should I buy?

theideasguy

Hello everyone.. firstly, I am a total noob when it comes to HiFi :eek: , so please excuse any obvious and stupid questions and/or mistakes.

I am looking for a 5.1 Amp and speaker system with a budget of ~ 1 Lakh. Its basically for a Home theatre system. Some details are as follows:

1. Room Size: ~ 12' x 16'.
  2. Plasma viewing distance: ~ 15' (the length of the room).
  3. Plasma type and Size: 50" Full HD Samsung/Panasonic.

I am planning to have an Asus P5N7A-VM NVIDIA Geforce 9300 based HTPC (pretty good at Computer stuff) with a blue ray player and a TV Tuner card like Avermedia AverTV Capture HD PCI H727 TV Tuner Card.

So basically, all video and audio outputs will be through the motherboard on my computer. My questions are:
  1. For my budget, which is the best 5.1 AMP + Speaker system Combo?
  2. Where in Mumbai / Pune will I get the best deal :) ?
  3. If the amp does NOT HAVE an HDMI in (and pass through for TV) and i use the optical out of my motherboard to deliver sound, how much will the quality be affected?

Also, I was planning to pretty much blindly go the Yamaha + Bose way :eek: :eek: , but after speaking to a few people, i heard that Yamaha sucks and Bose are overpriced and look tiny and great but are not necessarily the best sound !!

So guys, i'll stop rambling now.. PLEASE HELP !!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back