What to replace the Sony DVD player in Sony HTS with

sachmm

Hello All,

I have an old Sony Home Theater System(5.1) from year 2005. The model is DAV DZ 555K. Its still going strong without any problems. Recently we purchased a 32" LCD TV and since then we are not able to enjoy the TV programs in the HT speakers. Also since there is no USB playback incorporated in the old DVD player, I would like to replace it with something new. But I do not know how I could do that because the DVD player also has an inbuilt amplifier. Please advise so that I should still be able to use my old 5.1 speakers. I do not want to invest in an AVR just a replacement for the old DVD player. My budget is 5k.
Regards,
Sachin

Last edited:
in the present situation....
check do ur sony has optical/coax in or not...if yes connect coax in from tv coax out/stb coax out.....
otherwise
use RCA in of ur sony system....plug it from stb or from tv rca out.
for usb play,buy a media player(around 2k to 3.5k) with RCA out and use the RCA outs into sony RCA ins......
be careful while buying that....RCA out is very imp for you....
you have to select in remote of sony system to on dolby pro logic....if avilable to convert 2 channel into pseudo 6 channel...
Media Player DivX XviD AVI VOB HDMI 1080i 720p supports 2.5" HDD CRT/LCD/LED TV | eBay

check the link and ask the seller whther this item having yellow,red,white av out or not??
as per specs it do have but not in picture..confirm and buy..very cheap

Thanks Prosenjit for your reply. I will be going to my hometown next week where this system is kept. Will update you whether I was successful or not. Thanks.

Regards,
Sachin

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back