What's a good movie you know in which music is one of the imp themes ?

humblebee

The ones that I can think of now:

- Rock On
- Amadeus (Based on a play on Mozart's life. Has his amazing music well integrated into the storyline theme)
- Almost Famous (About a travelling band. Depicts the crazy lifestyle)
- Crazy Heart (Country singer's life)

Do you have any ones to share ?

{Took a guess that this forum rather than the movies forum would be a more appropriate place.
Lets see if I was right ...}

Shine - about a child prodigy pianist who loses it mentally, and regains it.
And acted by - who I feel is one of the best actors the world has produced - Geoffrey Rush.

Among the documentaries, Sound City, of course!

And School Of Rock - with again one of my favorite actors, Jack Black.

There are a bunch of new movies on musicians - Sugar Ray, etc. but I haven't seen them.

Blue (from the 3 Colors trilogy)
The Legend of 1900
The Pianist
Inside Llewyn Davis
Crossroads
Once
Guy and Madeline on a Park Bench

Is School of Rock a good movie?
I was under the impression that its a commercial kind of movie.
It would be watchable even if it has good music.

It is not high brow entertainment. However, it is not trashy either. It is very jack black. Nacho libre is another good example. Or even his black sabbath covers you can find on YouTube.

More than anything, it is a honest movie and I quite liked it. Not everyone will, but that is what his movies are all about.

It is not high brow entertainment. However, it is not trashy either. It is very jack black. Nacho libre is another good example. Or even his black sabbath covers you can find on YouTube.

More than anything, it is a honest movie and I quite liked it. Not everyone will, but that is what his movies are all about.

Myself too liked the movie too much . especially the expression "Read Between Fingures!"

Attachments

• read2.gif
    read2.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 94
Elvis- That's the way it is - fantastic concert movie of Elvis in his prime with over 30 songs now on Blu-ray @499 on Amazon.... ooops does a concert movie count ? else you can also try these really good Elvis movies that are available in India ( not mentioning the light comedies/fluff like G.I Blues etc):

Jailhouse Rock
King Creole (based on A Stone for Danny Fisher)
Love Me Tender

Last edited:
The Doors from 1991 and recently saw a movie called pitch perfect. Its a teenie bopper movie but its quite enjoyable.

Not a movie but a documentary - 'Finding Sugarman'. It has as much drama and intrigue as a movie, if not more. Absolutely beautiful music and amazing story.

Gravity- why everyone know

Atonement - Type writer sound is integrated with the soundtrack which used to communicate the intricacies of the story to the audience

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back