What's your Endgame speakers ?

headcase

In our pursuit of musical happiness 🎶🎵 or accidentally
We've all heard some amazing sounding speakers and amps combo that we really appreciated and wish to own someday.

Let's share our experiences with those speakers...

For me it was the KEF R series + peach tree that made me stop and listen 👂 longer. Simply blew me off!
I also like monitor audio and own a pair of silvers. I like PSB. Would love to own a KEF R or monitor silver 500s or Platinum someday.

Last edited:
When I made my Elekit tube amp and connected to Jamo E854 I had then, thought I reached that goal. Got Klipsch Heresy IIIs and then Jamo...yew...

Now assembled a pair of bridged mono ACA and connected Heresy to them , Nirvana.

Connected the ACAs to humble Ahuja 12FRX on a packing box of 3 layer cardboard, Klipsch and Elekit taking rest ..

What next?????

When I made my Elekit tube amp and connected to Jamo E854 I had then, thought I reached that goal. Got Klipsch Heresy IIIs and then Jamo...yew...

Now assembled a pair of bridged mono ACA and connected Heresy to them , Nirvana.

Connected the ACAs to humble Ahuja 12FRX on a packing box of 3 layer cardboard, Klipsch and Elekit taking rest ..

What next?????
So it's the Klipsch Heresy IIIs that did the magic 🪄 quite good n expensive!
What is the bridged mono ACA amp? Where can one find it? It's a DIY kit I'm assuming. And what is your streamer/amp interconnects?

Hahaha Ahuja 12FRX on a cardboard. Klipsch taking rest. You can send them over to me 😉 would love to take care of them.

If you don't mind, could you share some pics and a short video showing off the best out of your speakers! Thnx Quite an endgame 😉

For me after a long and tedious process of various amp speakers combinations, it’s now Harbeth P3s with KEF KC62 with Croft Integrated fed by Auralic Altair G1 streamer and DAC
Mostly Qobuz and Radio Paradise
Audio ecstasy in my small listening room.
Tomorrow? Who knows?
Whao! It looks like an amazing but expensive set up. If you don't mind could you share some pics and maybe a short video of a song playback that brings out the best out of your speakers. A little show off
Quite an endgame 😉

So is it the Harbeth P3s that did the magic 🪄 ? Or is it the Croft/Auralic u feel?
What's the croft's power rating?

Last edited:
I have a small room
I have stopped listening to music analytically
And prefer to do my work as i listen
So I'm always moving about in the room or on my desk
So the sonus faber omnia wirless ( all in one )
Does it for me
( 1 box - no fuss )

If I'm relaxing on the sofa then i like the BBC flavour that my soundartist ls3/5 gives me

THE GAME NEVER ENDS
Exactly but we presume that it will one day and we will live till eternity 😂

I have a small room
I have stopped listening to music analytically
And prefer to do my work as i listen
So I'm always moving about in the room or on my desk
So the sonus faber omnia wirless ( all in one )
Does it for me
( 1 box - no fuss )

If I'm relaxing on the sofa then i like the BBC flavour that my soundartist ls3/5 gives me
It looks beautiful 🤩 share some pics if u can

Whao! It looks like an amazing but expensive set up. If you don't mind could you share some pics and maybe a short video of a song playback that brings out the best out of your speakers. A little show off
Quite an endgame 😉

So is it the Harbeth P3s that did the magic 🪄 ? Or is it the Croft/Auralic u feel?
What's the croft's power rating?
Actually it’s not the most expensive that I had (Hegel H300+Adam audio Pencil Mk3, cost double), but it’s definitely the best sound and synergy I have had so far. I also understood that just spending more does not guarantee satisfaction.

I have posted my impression and experience with this pairing here (with pictures)

I also realised (quite late) that a single highly reviewed component does not guarantee audio nirvana. The whole chain matters as they need to work really well together. This is something very few reviewers emphasise, if at all.
When they do and room acoustics are managed well, even moderately priced equipment can sound fantastic.
The Croft is rated at 45 WPC
My listening room is about 12’x14’ with minimal room treatment.

For subwoofers, it would have to be these custom-install 18-inch subwoofers from Seaton Sound. Especially the slim-line model that is only 12 inches in depth. Given Mark Seaton's pedigree in designing and building world-class subwoofers, 4-8 of these when I build a dedicated theater and I'd be pretty happy with these as my end-game subs. I think;). Then again, I thought I'd be over the moon with one Seaton Submersive HP (dual opposed 15 inch drivers) when I purchased in 2016. I ended up with one more Submersive HP and added a couple more of the JS-12s.

seaton_ds_12.jpg

Last edited:
For subwoofers, it would have to be these custom-install 18-inch subwoofers from Seaton Sound. Especially the slim-line model that is only 12 inches in depth. Given Mark Seaton's pedigree in designing and building world-class subwoofers, 4-8 of these when I build a dedicated theater and I'd be pretty happy with these as my end-game subs. I think;). Then again, I thought I'd be over the moon with one Seaton Submersive HP (dual opposed 15 inch drivers) when I purchased in 2016. I ended up with one more Submersive HP and added a couple more of the JS-12s.

View attachment 69690
When you complete the project and begin accepting visitors for brief visits to listen, I will be in the queue 😊

Actually it’s not the most expensive that I had (Hegel H300+Adam audio Pencil Mk3, cost double), but it’s definitely the best sound and synergy I have had so far. I also understood that just spending more does not guarantee satisfaction.

I have posted my impression and experience with this pairing here (with pictures)

I also realised (quite late) that a single highly reviewed component does not guarantee audio nirvana. The whole chain matters as they need to work really well together. This is something very few reviewers emphasise, if at all.
When they do and room acoustics are managed well, even moderately priced equipment can sound fantastic.
The Croft is rated at 45 WPC
My listening room is about 12’x14’ with minimal room treatment.
True i agree 👍🏼 it's the whole chain.
Reviews are focusing a perticular product and it's pros/cons not the matching.

Many of us get carried away by some concepts & certain stand alone products reviews itself.

Room acoustics & treatments are often ignored.

So it's a good take away. Thanks!

Btw...Hegel H300 & Adam Audio Pencil mk3 look mammoth 🦣 of an amp 250W@8 ohms & 430W@4 😳

View attachment 69690
So adding a sub to stereo seems like a good idea. Why do u need it? Is it with perticular gener of music or over all sync. Cuz some people are totally against adding a sub or after a flat response/natural response.

Western Electric horns for which I do not have the money and the room.

JBL M9500 or TAD 2401 for which I have the money but not the room.

So quite happy with the existing JBL 4343 :)
JBL 4343 looks interesting!
Y not Heresy/Harbeth/mission classic 770/ WF Linton.

Western Electric Horns is totally new to me.
I've heard the AMT & Ribbons are best. Is it not the case?

Western Electric horns are vintage. They are from the 1940s and 50s. They play very differently. Many consider it to be among the finest speakers made. And yes they are expensive. You are talking 1 crore plus

Very well maintained and restored JBL M9500 and TAD 2401 will also set you back by at least 20 lakhs.

Linton, Mission, Heresy are like toys compared to the 4343

I don’t know if you hear Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, etc. Many of their albums have been mastered on the 4343

What went bad with the combo for your liking
I realised I would switch off the system after a few songs.
Big brand name brag value does not compete with musical enjoyment.
It was not engaging enough for me. So sold it and moved on.
With the current set up, I have a tough decision every morning on waking up whether to switch on the system before or after I go to brush my teeth :cool:
It makes me want to listen more, longer…I like this much better. I think there are many in this forum who feel like this with their systems, as also many who are still seeking…

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back