Where can i get Rockwool absorption panels in Bangalore

spandan414

Hi Folks,

I am planning to build my own acoustic wall panels. I have moved my stereo set up into my bedroom (11' x 11'). I am planning place these DIY acoustic panels on the reflection points along the walls. These will be movable panels. I will build a wooden frame around each panel and wrap them in fabric. I will only place them in their respective places when I am listening to music.

Can someone please suggest me a place in Bangalore where I can go and buy Rockwool absorption panels? I can source the rest of the material that i need easily.

Thanks,
Sam.

DIY acoustic panels on the reflection points along the walls

:thumbsup:

Just to say that do consider diffusion at reflection points (a few inches of broad band absorption is not going to be much useful below 400 Hz as a bass trap),if you are getting rockwool get the lowest density you can

ciao
gr

:thumbsup:

Just to say that do consider diffusion at reflection points (a few inches of broad band absorption is not going to be much useful below 400 Hz as a bass trap),if you are getting rockwool get the lowest density you can

ciao
gr

From what I read in different forums, broadband absorption should be used for first reflection points which will improve clarity and imaging. This is what I am trying to achieve by placing the absorption panels along the first reflections points on the side walls. I have covered the length of the floor with thick carpet. Later I will add bass traps on the 4 corners of the room and diffusers on the front and back wall at a later time.

Hi Folks,

I am planning to build my own acoustic wall panels. I have moved my stereo set up into my bedroom (11' x 11'). I am planning place these DIY acoustic panels on the reflection points along the walls. These will be movable panels. I will build a wooden frame around each panel and wrap them in fabric. I will only place them in their respective places when I am listening to music.

Can someone please suggest me a place in Bangalore where I can go and buy Rockwool absorption panels? I can source the rest of the material that i need easily.

Thanks,
Sam.

if you are interested in glasswool can try this,you can get rigid glass wool of different density and size here.

Himal Supply (India) Private Limited
#41, 4th Cross,*
Bender Nagar,*
Bangalore 560 070.*
Tel: (91 80) 2666 5441*
Fax: (91 80) 2666 5441
email:*[email protected]

thanks
rajesh

Try Anutone

Thank you. I have contacted them. They asked me to send them an email and they will provide me with a quote. I didnt like the way they responded. As soon as I said I need 6 panels (relatively small quality) they asked me to send the details through an email. I can sense that they are not interested in small orders. They didn't even ask my name or where I am calling from.

Anyone else I can contact for these panels in Bangalore?

Thanks,
Sam.

Thank you. I have contacted (Anutone). They asked me to send them an email and they will provide me with a quote. I didnt like the way they responded. As soon as I said I need 6 panels (relatively small quality) they asked me to send the details through an email. I can sense that they are not interested in small orders. They didn't even ask my name or where I am calling from.

That was my experience as well. I sent them an exploratory email and, only after following up a week later, I was sent a quote. No questions about the room, what issues I was trying to solve, nothing just a quote straightaway. I called back to get some details on the thinking process but found there was absolutely no thinking done at their end. So I gave up and made my own with the help of Mr. Murthy. I have a couple extra that I'm not using; if you're interested, you could try them out. Sent you a PM.

Same here with anutone. Even though they are in our forum. I tried with Gik, the UK guys are super prompt but the India guy is super slow.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

I got the following quote from GIK Acoustics. GIK is considered one of the best in the world so would be a bit more expensive. These include bass traps, absorption and diffusor panels.

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 156
I got the following quote from GIK Acoustics. GIK is considered one of the best in the world so would be a bit more expensive. These include bass traps, absorption and diffusor panels.

sky rocket prices,its too much,better diy approach make your own frames either with rock or glass wool.

This will be much cheaper and far more effective then anutone or GIK..

Better for spandan to contact himal enterprises and for making panels theirs lot of thread in hifivision,even sash can help him.

thanks
rajesh

Are there good resources on building absorption and diffuser panels as well as bass traps?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Are there good resources on building absorption and diffuser panels as well as bass traps?

There are several detailed posts on hfv which I ^c/^v -ed in my efforts. from a cursory search. But I did not find the one which I actually copied from

http://www.hifivision.com/av-enhanc...rner-bass-traps-diy-caution-picture-load.html

http://www.hifivision.com/av-enhancers-room-acoustics/53080-room-treatment-advice-3.html#post629226

http://www.hifivision.com/diy/9305-diy-acosutic-panels-using-fiberglass-sheet.html

edit: @ spandan414 also added the diffuser post I was searching for http://www.hifivision.com/av-enhancers-room-acoustics/62045-acoustic-diffusers-first-reflection.html.

ciao
gr

Last edited:
This will be much cheaper and far more effective then anutone or GIK..

Not to support GIK or anutone, but I disagree. Yes DIY panels will be cheaper but how does one state that they will be more effective. Not sure about Anutone but GIK panels are tested in professional labs. and each panel has a rating of their performance. How does one know that a DIY panel can do that. Here is a link to the 242 panel datasheet that has test results. http://www.gikacoustics.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/GIK-242-Acoustic-Panel-Datasheet.pdf
Perhaps DIY panels can match the performance of professional panels, but I seriously doubt they will surpass them.

Cheers,
Sid

PS: My post just crossed captain's post.

Last edited:
I agree to the 'cheaper' part but saying that they would be far more effective is not correct IMO.

hi captrajesh,
i was busy with work so late in replying.

Following are the points to say diy has advantages over ready made panels.

1. All agree that diy panels are cost effective.

2. With regard to GIK acoustic panels,they are ready made panels tested for a universal environment,here you cannot alter its size,shape,add/remove the insulation to suit the acoustic sound environment of our room,which can be done but cost increases, the need of hour is to see that the sound reflections are eliminated as well the standing waves caused by low freq reduced to minimum.

Whereas in diy we can certainly measure the room and know what freq are playing and accordingly do the treatment and can also alter the panel shape,size,thickness of insulations as per our requirements.

All these are possible with diy approach.

GIK panels are made out of Knauf Insulation the same conventional mineral wool we use i.e (glass wool) but with ECOSE Technology meaning
they dont have the resin that contains tiny amounts of phenol formaldehyde which is a petro-based chemical used in bounding the glass wool insulation which causes skin itch,bad odour smell,eye redness etc.

If we can get our glasswool insulation which doesnt use phenol formaldehyde binder that will be much more healthy.

thanks
rajesh

As expected, no response from anutone. Not even a quote after a couple of follow ups. Will visit himal supply someone next week.

There used to be someone who worked at Anutone but who left and started his own outfit here in Bangalore doing the same business. Tried hard but cant remember his name.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back