Where do you stand on accuracy /vs euphonics wrt amplification

spaace

Hi,

I guess I have come to a point, where i think i want to make an end game amplification purchase, for some time to come.

But i have not had the opportunity to compare different types of amplifiers and i really do not know where i stand taste wise, wrt amplifier sound.

I have read about tests where its usually reported that subjects almost always seem to prefer distortion free sound. Atleast wrt speakers.

Do amps with low THD or SNR always sound better to your ears ? Have you had an opportunity to compare amps level matched?

Have you been able to percieve differences when they are not clipping ? Have you always preferred a better measuring amp to a more warm/distorting amp? Where do most people stand on this?

I implore those with the experience and opportunity to have compared different types of amps, to please reply where they stand on this question.

Thanks in advance.
Arun

Oh i never had any upgrade plans ...my 2nd hand amp broke down so thats why i got these ....my speakers are kef r500 ...i might drop them much later ...for my room they seem to be ok.....

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back