Where on Gods green earth do i find a Yamaha YHT 299!?

cinecon

Hi, I live in Delhi and I have been looking for a Yamaha 299 like a made person. I REALLY want to demo it so I can finally make up my mind on buying it! I went to NEHRU PLACE and no one had it! NEHRU PLACE!! That's the gizmo capital of the country!! I am getting so disheartened that now I am almost swayed into buying an Edifier S550 Encore which is available (edifier's are excellent by the way, I own a set) of course, it doesn't have True Dolby but I am tired of searching for it now or.. I could go for a Logitech z906 since it has two optical ins. Please help Delhites!! Where in hell can find these speakers!! How can I not find it in DELHI!! And I want to buy it off a shop because these days I have realised that some products are cheaper in stores than online. HELP!!! My budget is 30k.

I read up that Onkyo is good too but holy cow where in the hell are these speakers!!?? and trust me I have done my share of searching. I only found one Onkyo at HOT at Nehru place and it was way above my budget. So no..

Whereabout on a YHT 196 would also be greatly appreciated! Dekh toh loo bhai! Dikhta hi nahi hain Yamaha ke sets.. paglaut!:mad::sad:

I recall having visited a HT store on II floor of MGF Metropolitan mall, Gurgaon that had an Onkyo 3500 and a Yamaha YHT-196 for demo. Prices seemed to be negotiable.

Looking for one in Mumbai. I've checked Croma, Vijay sales, Kohinoor and a few local electronic stores..but it's not available anywhere :(

@the one : try to contact designer audio tardeo ,alliance 4 goregaon and the den worli .
check with them .Vijay sales prabhadevi might have the said model.

NO reliance digital near you..?

Dealer Locator - Yamaha - India

hey thanks for the link, certainly helped... to an extent. I called a few dealers that is whoever picked up (most of them didn't), most of them said they don't have 299, few said it's outdated and not in the market any more and another guy suggested I forget 299 and buy 2910 because 299 is not in production any more (price of 2910? 47k.. way above my budget).

I even visited the croma mentioned in the list. Same reply. Don't have it.

Looking for one in Mumbai. I've checked Croma, Vijay sales, Kohinoor and a few local electronic stores..but it's not available anywhere :(

So it seems. What the hell.

DILLI mein nahi mila. "Acchhey" din aa gaey.:sos:

So it seems. What the hell.

DILLI mein nahi mila. "Acchhey" din aa gaey.:sos:

This YHT-299 is almost Out of Stock, because Yamaha has launched new model 2910 which is very similar to 299 but the price difference is around 10K. This new model is in Yamaha 2014 catalog (not 299).

Another reason for YHT 299 became Out of Stock is, people who had any plan to buy good basic HT package sooner/later, made immediate decision and purchased 299 quickly (instead of getting same features @ higher price in future).
I am one of them :eek:hyeah:

Even I had extreme difficulty locating my YHT 299 that I had to buy of internet last week. For people in Mumbai there is still one place that had stock of it as of yesterday .
Its Alfa in Irla.
I have no clue if its Warranty Official Material OR Gray . But they do have it.

Even I had extreme difficulty locating my YHT 299 that I had to buy of internet last week. For people in Mumbai there is still one place that had stock of it as of yesterday .
Its Alfa in Irla.
I have no clue if its Warranty Official Material OR Gray . But they do have it.

Alfa gives at both with bill&warranty and without bill&warranty. Price varies accordingly.

NO reliance digital near you..?

Dealer Locator - Yamaha - India

Thanks for the link, it helped... kind of. I visited the Croma near to my place and they didn't have it. So I came back and called the dealers, most of them didn't pick and whoever did either said it's outdated or they don't have it in stock. One guy said it's outdated and has been replaced by 2910 which is priced at 47k. I was like FTW?

So I checked the difference between the two models. There is absolutely NONE!! Zilch!! I was expecting more power output, more watts, added technology, extra inputs.. NOTHING!
But Yamaha just felt like increasing the price by 10k? WTF? EVERYTHING is the same!

Yamaha? Kyu bhai?

My bad there are two added tech's.. DTS Digital Surround and Virtual Cinema front. Does that justify a 10k increase?

I think not. in the YHT-299 price range they now have 1810 . You miss out on things that matter

1) Passive Sub instead of Active on new model
2) No Ypao
3) No Ipod /Iphone Connection

No 1 and 3 above are actually important . For people that have bought YTH 299 at around 35K it was a bargain at that price .

Hell YHT 299 is available in Chandigarh and that too 3-4 pcs. Anyone wanting can PM me. The dealer is very well known to me and price can be negotiated to the lowest quotient. This is the same dealer from whom I had bought AVR RXV-473. So do not loose your hopes.pin them on me. ;)

My bad there are two added tech's.. DTS Digital Surround and Virtual Cinema front. Does that justify a 10k increase?

No Absolutely not. Infact if anything YHT 299 has better connectivity features that YHT 2910. I am using YHT 299 for 10 months and I can say that it supports DTS Digital Surround. I am not sure why Yamaha claims it does not support that format. I was actually expecting a better and bigger sub woofer in 2910. But its the same one which they are using for 299. I mean, any dealer who is claiming 299 is out of date means either he does not have its stock or he is trying to sell you the expensive 2910. So, Beware of them.

Thanks,
Sandeep.

Last edited:
As per my knowledge YHT is still available at Pune base store pankaj Television. Just 3 months before I purchased the same.
Just for window shooping, I went-up for the same shop, where I have noticed the same.

Just check out, if you seriously plan

Finally found one at the Reliance Digital in Santacruz West

35k, plus a free Samsung 3d bluray player. Not bad at all :D

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back